My Disaster Relief load out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank Chinaski

Number 37
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my truck and equipment as well as our church trailer/saws etc.

I'll try to get more in the near future and go into greater detail in this thread about what we use and what works well for us.

Inside DR Trailer:

P1020247.jpg

Truck junk:

P1020248.jpg

Getting all my gear out to service:

P1020249.jpg

My line up:
ms200t, ms290, Poulan 8500 pro, ht131

P1020250.jpg

P1020252.jpg

P1020251.jpg

More inside the trailer

P1020263.jpg

P1020264.jpg

P1020265.jpg

P1020266.jpg

P1020267.jpg

We've got 2 ms361's, a 440, and a ht101 (not all pictured) that belong to the church in the trailer, and I bring all my own saws and equipment, which allows us to split the team if needed.

We also do temp tarp overs as needed and as we are able to in addition to saw work.

Kinda weird feeling first time I ran a chainsaw in someone's kitchen, but the lady was in tears happy when we were done.

OK I see light's air compressor electric chain sharpener but where is the generator

nevermind first pic

Nice set up . I like the trailer idea, everthing has a place. Looks like your truck is set up nice also, but my big ? is Whats up with the JEEP.

Beefie

Jeep is a toy. Got some more pics in the Readers Rides section here.
It's going w/a 468ci BBC, twin xfer cases, rockwells, 53" goodyears etc. It'll be fun when it's done

I will get pictures of the one I work out of tomorrow...where are you headed..Alabama?

Ron, if you make it to Tuscaloosa, give me a holler. There will be several trees that will tax that 125 down this way.
my number is too oh five tree won oh, zero seven nine ate

Thanks for the kind words gents.

We may be heading to AL this week, but the way DR works and the paperwork req's etc it usually takes anywhere from a day to a week after an event before we can activate and be useful depending on local vs out of state event.

Rwoods, that's a lot like the back of my truck looked when I started. I'm in the middle of building a raised platform tool box, and went to using plastic boxes from HD/Lowes that are black w/a yellow lid. Tough, water/oil/fuel proof etc and help organize things a lot better.

Thank ya'll for the service you do weather it's legitimate biz DR work, or volunteer. We're all needed in our own way and each does what they can.

Best of luck to ya'll out in the field currently.

Heck why need a pole saw when you have a bar that long? :rock:

I LOVE my pole saw. Most of the guys on the unit hate it, but I'm better with it than Emeril w/a carving blade on a prime rib :msp_biggrin: I take good care of it and it keeps me 11 feet from danger (usually lol)

Well, I just got "the call". We're headed for AL in the morning for approx a week. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and if ya'll are already there, keep an eye out for a fat gimp in a yellow shirt (prob carrying/using a pole saw lol)

Ron, if you make it to Tuscaloosa, give me a holler. There will be several trees that will tax that 125 down this way.
my number is too oh five tree won oh, zero seven nine ate

I'll be staying here. Nothing like Alabama but we had 3 tornados here back to back on Wednesday night with 7 deaths. Prayers go out to you guys. Ron

I LOVE my pole saw. . . it keeps me 11 feet from danger

I bought an electric pole saw when working Katrina for the same reason - to keep my guys off of roofs and ladders as much as possible. Ran it off of a generator. Not really durable enough for disaster or professional tree work, but has paid for itself back home.

Take care down there and thank you for helping out!

Philbert

Well, we're experiencing flooding all over AR and I just found out they canceled my son's school (prob for multiple days), and I'm going to stay home to take care of him instead of my wife taking off sick leave days.

We may make the same trip next week with a larger group of folks available as a replacement group for tomorrows crews.

Thanks for all the kind words/prayers and support.

Britt

Latest posts

Back