My DIY redneck parts washer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brake Clean works best. Its the super degreaser. Or even carb spray to.
-ac

How well does Brakekleen / brake cleaner work compared to straight purple cleaner? I've never tried it, but if brake cleaner does a really good job on seriously stubborn grunge it might be worth the extra $$.

the best cleaning agent(s)

Ive had experience many years ago with Brake Kleen...it is effective but hard on hands.
When I read about the purple stuff I wondered about Simple Green that I have not used.
One solvent I started using last year is Seafoam's DEEP CREEP. It is packed in aerosol can and very effective. Just a little bit will do a good job.
One of my good mechanic friends swears by PB Blaster.

Feedback?:D

One of my good mechanic friends swears by PB Blaster. Feedback?:D[/QUOTE said:
my buddy brought his snow blower over a couple storms ago because it wouldn't start, i didn't have any carb cleaner, and i tried pb blaster,,, that stuff melted teh grunge in teh carb instantly, i was really impressed... it started right up...

Brake cleaner works great on stubborn grime. Just wouldn't use it on anything that was just running and still hot. Let equipment cool down before using.

Latest posts

Back