My First Post Here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bars and chains for 192

Hi, This is just a bit off the subject, but Nate, the answers might be of interest to you, as well.
I was looking at the MS 192 C and the MS 192 T last week. The Stihl catalog lists both saws as having the (14 inch bar) as the 3005 000 3909 and the chain as 3982 61 PMN 50. The 2 new- just in from the distribitor I think- had different chains. I think the 192 C had PMN chain. It was very narrow and the rakers had the odd back tilt shown in the catalog. The 192 T had what I think was the PMC3 chain. The dealer, who in the past, has been very helpful, was at a loss on this one.
To change over the 192 C to the same clutch, bar and chain as the 192 T had was 50 bucks. I was ready to buy it, but this kinda didn't't set well.
Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the narrow kerf chain? Kickback, wear, durability, speed of cutting, etc. I will be using it when I climb, not on the ground
Thanks.

If you can't afford the $600 for a brand new 0200, look around for a rebuilt one for about half the cost. My local Stihl dealership runs an annual trade-in program where tree services can trade in their used saws after one year for new saws and, during that one year of use, they are insured at 100% for any kind of repairs or damage.

So, when the stihl shop gets the one-year old saw in on trade for a new one, they completely go through it and sell it for around $300-$350. I just bought one to back up my other 0200 and it runs awesome.

I'd spend $300 on a rebuilt 0200 over a brand new 192t any day...

That sawmill could be good. I have had the Beam Machine for years, but is good for just making Cants.The saw blade wasts to much good wood for making lumber.

Back