My first saw port job!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlBoy440

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well guys I am no longer a virgin to the world of porting. My first ever project other than drilling some holes in my 360 muffler, was converting a 029 to an 039 and porting the cylinder. Let me start by saying that series of saw is a nightmare to disassemble. In the end with a ported 039 jug and piston and my own homebrew of a muffler mod, I am quite happy in how it turned out. It totally blew me away when it outcut my muffler modded 360pro! Now I am trying to decide to send my saw to a real builder and see the difference or try another one out, I am leaning towards NWCS though, he seems to be a good guy and gets good power out of a 360, I am hooked on this chainsaw stuff!

hooked

I would say that pretty much everybody on here is hooked or really hooked. I, I am really hooked. I also want to build a lot of saws. I am looking for 2 used 044's and a used 372. I am going to mod them as much as possible for working. When i'm done with them they will scream! Probably won't be able to stop them. Like I said i'm hooked.:laugh: ;) :biggrinbounce2:

Now I am trying to decide to send my saw to a real builder and see the difference or try another one out

Hang around these saw sites, read, post, ask questions and you will have the confidence to mod your second saw.

Josh

*edited* as perhaps my initial post may have seemed offensive to someone. NOT trying to start anything, just trying to give StihlBoy the confidence to do his own mods...that is how the sport grows and evolves. I'm done with this thread.

Last edited:
any video i have done with race chain on the saw, the filename SAYS racechain in it. there is a couple exceptions to this, the secondplace.wmv video (competition) 026hotsawclass (competition) also note the description on my website says those ones have race chain. if anybody thinks i have EVER cheated at a race or in a video lets hear it.
a good example of how i wont cheat? Placerville CA. i used an 026 pro with race chain in a class for smaller saws (a consumer saw race with a 44cc limit and work chain) i went out of my way to inform the officials the saw is illegal, that included ones at the announcement booth.

if you want to race bring it on. you can even supply the chain or inspect my chain. you pick the log, the number of cuts.. etc.. lets see it. i will even pull the cyl off my saw and SHOW you what it is.

Dennis: my post was in reply to an accusation me of using race chain in my work saw vids before the post was edited.

Latest posts

Back