my little woood haul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how did that 5 cylinder do pulling that :laugh: is the rear sitting on the bump stops??
nice haul tho :clap:

It done ok but I didnt have to pull it but about 2 miles and I don't think its is on the bump stops yet lol

yeah i have a 1 ton pickup with sideboards, i pile wood up over the roof of the truck, and usually pull a 18ft equipment trailer loaded up good, it gets a little heavy lol

ya the wood on the truck is yellow locust and just some ol junk popler that needed to be got out of the pasture.

i hear ya but i hear that it actually balances better because odd cylinders cancel the harmonics better than even cylinders can. but I have no data to back that up.

That is a big load for that little truck, good thing it was close to home.

Its an inline five so balancing isn't a big deal. Audi had a 5 cylinder for years.

Speaking of engines anyone running the Ford 3.5 eco in a f150? It looks like a monster 6 cyl.

ya I really wasn't expecting much as far as power when I got the truck but after I got it tuned it does surprise me.

I'll stick with my 350 Small block chevy roller motor in my Toyota....but none the less, good score you got there :)

I hear yall but I could put my 434 out of my drag car in but I think the fuel economy might suffer. lol

Think I'd rather have the 4.9l straight 6.

what uses a 4.9?

ford 3.5 Horsepower: 365 hp @ 5,000 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 2,500 rpm
16/22 mpg
chevy 3.7 I5 Horsepower: 242 hp
torque: 242 lb·ft
17 / 23 mpg

my 02 trailblazer 4.2 I6 Horsepower: 270hp
Torgue 275 lb-ft
average 16 mpg

the ford 3.5 sounds real nice....I wont be buying til 2014 anyway but I have my eye on it.... I also heard chevy is coming out with some new stuff next year that will be better than what ford has now.... I'll have to wait and see.

what uses a 4.9?

ford 3.5 Horsepower: 365 hp @ 5,000 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 2,500 rpm
16/22 mpg
chevy 3.7 I5 Horsepower: 242 hp
torque: 242 lb·ft
17 / 23 mpg

my 02 trailblazer 4.2 I6 Horsepower: 270hp
Torgue 275 lb-ft
average 16 mpg

the ford 3.5 sounds real nice....I wont be buying til 2014 anyway but I have my eye on it.... I also heard chevy is coming out with some new stuff next year that will be better than what ford has now.... I'll have to wait and see.

i would imagine hes refering to the old ford 300-6. debatably the best motor ever built by ford

Latest posts

Back