My logging operation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
been bringing logs down from the north for a few weeks now
sarahstools001.jpg

They come off the flat car
sarahstools005.jpg

trucked to the mill
tools001.jpg

and turned into some of the finest lumber you can buy
sarahstools004.jpg

I love this truck, it is also used to salt the road
sarahstools003.jpg

Using this to skid the logs out, it works for now.
sarahstools008.jpg

Good trails in these parts
sarahstools006.jpg

This guy goes full bore non stop all day, dresses like a lady at night
sarahstools007.jpg

Last edited:
It looks fake?

:)

How can you tell? Did the picture of the tree climber taped to the wall give it away?
My wife was pissed I cut up all the National Geo's but I made this thing basically from the box it came in. I spent 50 on the trees and gravel for the tracks which is a real pain. Those matchbox cars are only a dollar!

Took me a minute to find that hard workin' cross dressin' fruitcake in the last pic, but I see him on the springboard there.

My kid likes to play with it and its something I can do with her for now. We were home today cause of the weather but when she went for these we had to go to K-mart

sarahstools010.jpg

She likes the little screwdrivers but I didn't think it was a good idea

sarahstools016.jpg

We spent the rest of the day fixing the car.

Its good to see a smooth well run outfit,it appears that you've got the permitting proccess licked,I suspect the price of fuel isnt to much of a hit either.Excellent job,be safe out there

:clap: ak4195

Wow the trees and flora look different in PA than here in Ohio. I would have thought they would be more similar. Do you have pics of whole layout. Hopefully when all my kids are grown I can put a setup together. No time or place to do one right now,money too.:cheers:

Wow the trees and flora look different in PA than here in Ohio. I would have thought they would be more similar. Do you have pics of whole layout. Hopefully when all my kids are grown I can put a setup together. No time or place to do one right now,money too.:cheers:

tools002.jpg

I barely have a 100 bucks into this. The green paper is just painted with some old left over paint and glued to look like that. The train set was like 60 bucks. Its nothing special like Lionel or anything. I made the buliding out of a box. The tunnel is just a cardboard skelaton with more paper glued to it.
If you bulit a real set up it would cost you some bucks. Hell, the train stores are open by appointment only... better bring some money then.

One good way to make terrain is to use styrofoam insulation sheets. You can glue them on top of each for elevation and mold them easily. Just paint them then and sprinkle some moss and stones on it. I am just waiting to find some free.

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Thanks for the laugh, nice operation BTW...

When I was 18 or something I was flying a kite in Rockford Park, Wilmington,DE. Some dude drives by and yells out the window " Hey jerkoff! Kites are for children, stop playing with toys". The kite had a 12 foot wingspan by the way. Anyway I hollered back some more profanity and by the time he pulled a u-turn I had my damascus barrelled 16 gauge double barrel out from behind the seat of my 88 Ford Ranger and pointed into the window of his little car. Now that was funny.

Back