My MS251 C is burning through chains like nothing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably could change sprocket over to 3/8 and use existing bar and chain. (Cheapest way)
or replace bar and chain with .325 version. -existing sprocket does have decent wear, but stiLL useable.

i had a 250 which was wonderful at running and oiling. my dad bought a 251, that i inherited, maybe 6 years old. that saw just isnt a powerful oiler enough for a 18 inch bar. i had to switch to the tsc brand thinner oil and still manually grease the chain base, till it starts pumping the oil out, getting ahead of the dry channel. i still use it as a brush saw, for mutiflora rose fence line clean up or getting my big unpinched. its just a low end occasional home owners saw

:chainsaw::angry:i had a 250 which was wonderful at running and oiling. my dad bought a 251, that i inherited, maybe 6 years old. that saw just isnt a powerful oiler enough for a 18 inch bar. i had to switch to the tsc brand thinner oil and still manually grease the chain base, till it starts pumping the oil out, getting ahead of the dry channel. i still use it as a brush saw, for mutiflora rose fence line clean up or getting my big unpinched. its just a low end occasional home owners saw

Cutting Multiflora rose bushes with a chainsaw.:chainsaw::(
I would think that would be in the same category as getting tied up and whipped with a chainsaw chain. Some of them type are big long and lots of stickers.

Seems to be a trend.
All caused by cell phones. People hate text and cannot type worth a hoot. They want Pics and if they cannot figure out what to do after seeing Pics, they are gone. Reading and writing has taken a back seat to looking. Arithmetic is all but gone. Rather sad situation in my book.

I think the author took the bus on us
I see that on a lot of forums. It seems they post asking a question, and never show back up. My opinion is if you’re going to ask a question, at least respond because half of the time more information is needed.

Latest posts

Back