My new cutting place for a bit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_3118.JPG IMG_3119.JPG My brother works on a blueberry and cranberry farm 5 miles away. They are always taking down trees it seems which is good for me. Usually I have acces to equipment such as excavators and dump trucks to make easy work of getting wood home but not this time. I have a couple weeks to cut and haul the wood out from this pile. The first pic is roughly 12 cords of oak. The second pic is the pine which will most likely get dumped in the woods.

Around here burning pine will cause your house to burn down
Huge misconception of the same around here too. Most everyone has no clue how to properly season wood or burn properly. Pile that on top of lots of old cracked up masonry chimneys and fireplaces that only get used on special occasions and the fear is amplified. I burn lots of evergreen varieties. They season fast and light easy. Great for quick heat and fast lighting restarts. I just don't tell people that I burn it anymore to keep the arguments at bay

Huge misconception of the same around here too. Most everyone has no clue how to properly season wood or burn properly. Pile that on top of lots of old cracked up masonry chimneys and fireplaces that only get used on special occasions and the fear is amplified. I burn lots of evergreen varieties. They season fast and light easy. Great for quick heat and fast lighting restarts. I just don't tell people that I burn it anymore to keep the arguments at bay

My neighbor saw a few pine logs in my wood pile and almost begged me not to burn it. He thought it was certain death for my family and I as soon as the log crested the stove door. That was 3 years ago:crazy2:

I burned a lot of ponderosa pine when I lived in Wyoming(not a lot of other options). Season it like any other species and it's just fine. Sole source of heat for years and got along great.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I burned a lot of ponderosa pine when I lived in Wyoming(not a lot of other options). Season it like any other species and it's just fine. Sole source of heat for years and got along great.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Understood but no need around here with all of our hardwoods

Back