MY NEW E-tech Husky 359 update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rspike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got my new 359 with the e-tech and ran two tanks of gas through it with out modding it and i had enough of that program . It didnt want to cut very well , didnt want to idel and chips slowed it down big time , didnt want to start and always smelled of heavy gas , the plug was wet , the muff was wet & dripping (fuel , ha :D ) , man what a pain . First i did the muffler mod and said "so long" to the cat no flow , gas dripping muffler ....... when i tacked the saw it was set at 9100 RMP & idel was 2050 RPM !!! Its rated for max of 13500 & 2700 idel !! No wonder gas was dripping out of the beast and it didnt want to idel , nor start and didnt have any power . I set the idel at 26200 rpm and the high rpm at 12600 untell it had a few more tanks of gas run through it . WOW , what a difference. The 359 at new with no adjustments and no modded muffler couldnt keep up with my small Craftsman 36 cc limb saw ....... now after all the carb adjustments and the modded muffler my 346XP has a hard time keeping up with the 359 in 12" + hard wood .

Hmmmm....that's odd. My 137 is an e-tech and the thing has run like a top since the day I got it. I probably have around 10 tanks thru it so far. I've been using the same premium gas mixed 28:1 (for milling) in it.

Same experience here, I ran a tank of gas in it and was very unimpressed, modded the muffler with two 3/4 outlet pipes and picked up 40%, the saw also responded very well to engine modifications.

Latest posts

Back