My new log splitter Timberwolf p-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My girl bought it for me for Christmas tried it out today. Love it and her

STA70101_zps0905bb78.jpg

STA70102_zps3b3eae0a.jpg

STA70103_zpsc4b7d8a5.jpg

oak that came down from Sandy both trees just missed my friends house.

Love it ,the splitter was for me but I ended up helping her split wood...

said she need to workout a little today since she cant ride
483152_441196212567186_1285665717_n.jpg

By the looks of your significant other I recon if she was swinging the Fiskars she might split a cord of wood faster than most of us using a hydraulic splitter.

Oh, nice splitter BTW. :D

That would be a good thread. Woman and fiskers VS man and machine.

That's awesome! You are going to really like that splitter. I have the same one with the extension table and the 4 way.

I use the lift table mostly to stage a bunch of rounds, works great.

gg

That's awesome! You are going to really like that splitter. I have the same one with the extension table and the 4 way.

I use the lift table mostly to stage a bunch of rounds, works great.

gg

I am going to build the table and 4 way myself couldn't bring myself to pay the price they want for them. Found I do the same thing with the lift

I am going to build the table and 4 way myself couldn't bring myself to pay the price they want for them. Found I do the same thing with the lift

Good call on not buying the 4 way or table grate. While I am very happy overall with the P1, I don't like the design of either either the grate or the 4 way for this particular model. I did buy them with the splitter, but no longer use either of them. The 4 way will dull and damage the splitter blade and the table grate is very heavy and mostly just gets in the way. After 20 minutes of splitting you will have a table of splits that serves the same purpose as the grate anyway.

Wouldn't really know about the price, I bought mine with all accessories for $1000.

I really like the extension table, it keeps you from having to pick up pieces off the ground.

I have found that the 4 way works great but I mostly cut oak and I split my wood fairly small for my gasification boiler.

gg

Nice splitter! Good women ya got there.

My TWP-1 is about 8 years old and still cranks em out. The four way sits a little hi for most logs that would go through in one pass(cut into quarters).

I use pulp hooks 100% of the time when I'm splitting and when you hook the smaller rounds you can easily hold it and center it so the fourway splits the round in 4 even pieces. Much easier than holding the round up with one hand while your other hand works the splitter, which is a pain in the back and can pinch your fingers!

I'm thinking up a portable table grates (different from timberwolf) in the mean time I set up a fat round flat side up on each side of the wedge( level with the beam). The big splits open up and fall right on the round. Easy to reach...no bending over!

Enjoy that splitter.

Good call on not buying the 4 way or table grate. While I am very happy overall with the P1, I don't like the design of either either the grate or the 4 way for this particular model. I did buy them with the splitter, but no longer use either of them. The 4 way will dull and damage the splitter blade and the table grate is very heavy and mostly just gets in the way. After 20 minutes of splitting you will have a table of splits that serves the same purpose as the grate anyway.

The table is most likely a waste of money

STA70104_zpsb2081ba2.jpg

this is after a few minutes of splitting.

Can't ride??

Perfect amount of snow for my studded MTB tires. Homemade, no less.

Sorry. Cycling dork, exit, stage left.

Back