My new redhead is here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there are still plenty of Shiny's around here....but.....well.....has anybody ever heard of Arboristsite???? I need to log off and never return!!! There is still one more on its way to me too!!!!!:help:
Mike,

I would love to hear/see that 757 in good running order...that video you posted sucked, something is wrong. That saw was doggin' in that log...I made a comment, hope I didn't p!$$ you off, but it didn't sound good at all and it sounded like you were reving it to keep from dying out.

Have you tried dumping out the high octane racing fuel and just using 91 octane? I bet that saw just freakin' screams. I can't imagine any of Jasha's builds not...bring her back to life!

Cheers,
TT

Mike,

I would love to hear/see that 757 in good running order...that video you posted sucked, something is wrong. That saw was doggin' in that log...I made a comment, hope I didn't p!$$ you off, but it didn't sound good at all and it sounded like you were reving it to keep from dying out.

Have you tried dumping out the high octane racing fuel and just using 91 octane? I bet that saw just freakin' screams. I can't imagine any of Jasha's builds not...bring her back to life!

Cheers,
TT

I'm gonna work on that this weekend too. It had 93 octane in it but I didn't retune it. I was very unprepared.....kinda made an a$$ of the saw and me.

No hard feelings, I know that it was not at it's best too!!

:cheers:
Mike

Nice looking J'red for sure! I added the Husky 288 exhaust deflector on the muffler mod, un-limited coil, removed the limiter caps and tweaked the carb on mine. It runs and sounds great. The un-limited coil is probably not necessary for just the gains but, it makes it easier to tune/tach. You're really going to like that saw, I do mine. IMO, much better looking in a red dress rather than lollipop orange, if looks make a difference to you. I like the handle on this version better also.

Not a scratch to be seen!
congratulations on the new saw, I would love to see a vid of it buried in some chunky wood. I noticed it's power rating is on par with the 372 at the same RPM (9600) but also the "Maximum recommended engine speed" was also 9600, is that right?

Are you trying to copy my setup ? ;) Excellent choices by the way!
For limbing I prefer the Husky handle though which is why I bought the 346. For the big one you did right reaching for the red ;)

I never understood the straight bars of the Jonys. You should be standing slightly offset from the saw when cutting. Wouldn't that make a straight bar very uncomfortable? If you like the straight bar, are you actually standing directly behind the saw? And no, I'm not trying to be the PPE police. Just looking for real world reasoning.

I never understood the straight bars of the Jonys. You should be standing slightly offset from the saw when cutting. Wouldn't that make a straight bar very uncomfortable? If you like the straight bar, are you actually standing directly behind the saw? And no, I'm not trying to be the PPE police. Just looking for real world reasoning.

I like it because it brings your hands closer together and makes maneuvering the saw easier. With the bent handle your arm is extended farther, granted only a little, but still makes the husky feel like a little awkward. It looks like it should be uncomfortable on paper, but it isn't at all.

This is my reasoning, but it is all about preference. If my dad ran husky's, stihls, or dolmars instead of Jreds, I would prefer those.

The 2171 is a great saw. I love the one that I own and use very often. The only Q I have for yall is. Is there any aftermarket upgrades for a high top air filter? Or am I going to have to start slapping Husky parts on it? The low top just don't cut it for me.

The 2171 is a great saw. I love the one that I own and use very often. The only Q I have for yall is. Is there any aftermarket upgrades for a high top air filter? Or am I going to have to start slapping Husky parts on it? The low top just don't cut it for me.

Don't quote me, but you will have to put the Husky top on it. Something about the filter base. There is no high top option available from Jonsered that I know about. Most people have good luck with the low top, but if you are cutting dry or burnt wood I can see why you would want the bigger filter.

Latest posts

Back