My newer machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stavenstumper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Let see if I can post a pic. Machine needs some TLC. This guy bought the machine new in 2002. He never sharpened or changed the teeth...:dizzy:
Forget about cleaning off rust and painting the rusted areas. I know I will killed for this question but here goes...Which way is forward? Cutting wheel leads? I had a hell of a time manuevering the machine. I had to do a 22 point turn to get it to go the other way. The weight came off the steering wheel and the tire just slid. Another question, one of the inner tires came off. Can I apply that seal bead stuff and inflate to form a new seal. Do the tires come off often or is that just some more neglect? Thanks...
sc252.JPG

looks like it has locking hubs, inside the rim there will be a pin with a spring, pull it out and turn it when needing to manouver, should make it easier, the cutter wheel is the front, also try extending the toungue out a bit, not sure about the tire, my guess is to just put it back on and add air.

My experince the tires come off when the air pressure is too low. The best way to put them on is to put some greese on the rim, take a ratchet strap around the tire. Strap it as tight as you can and fill with air. Use the cutter head to lift your wheels off the ground if a jack is not handy.

If the guy never changed those teeth and the machine and trailer have that much rust........Well that is hard to belive. I know in my area the teeth rarely last longer than 50 hours. I guess I could take them longer but the cutting action really deteriorates. I don't ussually change them all at once about a 1/3 at a time.

As per the previous comment you have the dif lock on inside the inner wheel. I have been running a 252 since feb 2002 and the tyres have only come off once. Now I run a 352. Last week I ran the 252 on a job after a few weeks of sitting in the garage. I did notice the tyre had bacame low on air but as we all do but it off for another day. On the job I slid the machine around to save myself time ie. push the wheel into the floor and slid the machine on one wheel. You guessed it the tyre came off. I have experience of other machines with this happening and here is a good quick tip if it happens again or if you mend your own punctures which will happen. get a 1" wide ratchet strap. Push the wheel into the ground to raise the wheel off the floor. Put the strap around the outside of the tyre in the centre and join the strap together. Now ratchet it up as tight as you can. This will force the centre down and push the tyre into the rims to air lock it. Put the air in by use of a compressor beacuse if its not completly sealed it want matter more going in then coming out. When you start to see it inflate undo the strap and continue to inflate. Jobs a good one. Moral of the story keep an eye on the tyre pressure.

Back