My old 1983 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you did a super nice job on that! I still have my first saw, which is a 51 with air injection that I bought new about 20+ years ago. Not as big, cool, and old school as yours, but still........ I need to do the same thing with mine. It's been a great smallish firewood saw, and has never let me down. It's good to show some love back to tools that have paid for themselves multiple times over. :clap:

You did a fine job on that saw, now if'n you ever want to unload it I have a mini mac I'd swap for it.....jus sayin.........

I sold my MiniMac, and I kind of miss it. I got it before the 2100.
O well... You would probably want a buch of cash and the 2100 for the Mac.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks

Thanks for the support. I have two more 2100's, and a 2101 that I am working on. They are getting the complete rebuild as well. I love the 2100 series saws. I have four that are user-runners, and are great old tools. A little heavy, and a little "vibratory", but boy do they run, and boy do they hold up.

Jealousy is the only thing I'm feeling right now. I hate to ask but can we see a video of one at work?

Jealousy is the only thing I'm feeling right now. I hate to ask but can we see a video of one at work?

I would like to do that. I have some that really scream. I can't say when, but I will try to oblige. I will look into doing so. In the mean time, there are tons of 2100 type saws on video, on the web. Normzilla's thread on this forum, about 2101's etc. has some video.
The old one in the photos here is a screamer, maybe I can put together a video of it. It isn't even broken back in yet after the rebuild, but it runs good. These old saws have one of the meanest sounding idles out there.

I like that diamond plate to close in the carb box. gives it that simple detail that others would overlook!:clap:

Latest posts

Back