My OWB install Job.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galvanized fittings...

Are those galvanized tee fittings I see?

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84492&d=1229805608

If so... you might want to consider replacing them and any other galvanized fittings with brass fittings... galvanized is way better than "black iron"... but I would swap em for brass...

How are you liking the system now that you have some time on it? what kind of burn times are you getting this season?

Last edited:
Are those galvanized tee fittings I see?

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84492&d=1229805608

If so... you might want to consider replacing them and any other galvanized fittings with brass fittings... galvanized is way better than "black iron"... but I would swap em for brass...

How are you liking the system now that you have some time on it? what kind of burn times are you getting this season?

Yes those are galvanized tee's. Do you suspect I will have a problem with them? I noticed the stove has black pipe fittings' on it.

I have had my Central Boiler for one year now and I absolutley love it. It is one of the best investments I have done. I am getting 24 hour burn times all the time. I load it once a day and thats it. I have my temp controller set at 180 and that seems to be working pretty good.

I have never had to add water to the system and I do check the ph level every 3 months. It has not changed much.

There's really not much exciting to tell about this unit. It just sit there and does it job beautifully. I would highly recommend Central Boiler to anyone looking for a OWB.

My next project on my list is to build a wood shed. Right now my wood is covered in snow.

Anthony

Yes those are galvanized tee's. Do you suspect I will have a problem with them? I noticed the stove has black pipe fittings' on it.

My next project on my list is to build a wood shed. Right now my wood is covered in snow.

Anthony

I had ONE galvanized in my install... later a plumber friend was over when I was adding my dhw hx to the system... he seen the galvanized fitting and suggested I replace it with brass like all the other fittings in my system... he said it could take a couple of years before it would start "pitting" on the inside, but it would eventually happen... I just took his advice and swapped it out... I could just see that stuff running through the system and settling in and clogging up my hx on the dhw... probably not that big of a deal if your getting a complete water analysis done on a yearly basis..

Ahhh, woodshed.... here are a couple of pics of mine

woodstove375x231.jpg
woodstovesheds274x231.jpg

There's really not much exciting to tell about this unit. It just sit there and does it job beautifully. I would highly recommend Central Boiler to anyone looking for a OWB.
Anthony

When thats the end result... You know you have a good and properly sized unit and most likely a well insulated structure being heated... Anyone getting 24 hour burn times in cold temps has a well designed and well thought out system...

If its not too cold, I can get 24 hour+ burn times... but when the temps dip, my burn times do too.... But its mostly because my home is 100+ years old and hard to insulate... but we are still working on it... We moved into the vacant "my old home place" in '92, and continue to do updates... adding the OWB is the best improvement we've made so far...

I had ONE galvanized in my install... later a plumber friend was over when I was adding my dhw hx to the system... he seen the galvanized fitting and suggested I replace it with brass like all the other fittings in my system... he said it could take a couple of years before it would start "pitting" on the inside, but it would eventually happen... I just took his advice and swapped it out... I could just see that stuff running through the system and settling in and clogging up my hx on the dhw... probably not that big of a deal if your getting a complete water analysis done on a yearly basis..

Ahhh, woodshed.... here are a couple of pics of mine

woodstove375x231.jpg
woodstovesheds274x231.jpg

Well I guess I am going to keep an eye on that now. If ever I change the water someday that might be a good time to do that. Nice wood shed. Looks like you got her stacked pretty full. Hopefully next year I can do that.

When thats the end result... You know you have a good and properly sized unit and most likely a well insulated structure being heated... Anyone getting 24 hour burn times in cold temps has a well designed and well thought out system...

If its not too cold, I can get 24 hour+ burn times... but when the temps dip, my burn times do too.... But its mostly because my home is 100+ years old and hard to insulate... but we are still working on it... We moved into the vacant "my old home place" in '92, and continue to do updates... adding the OWB is the best improvement we've made so far...

I think the reason I get the long burn times is because the 6048 holds almost 400 gallons of water. Also my house is only 15 years old and it is sealed really tight. One day I will heat my Pole Barn and I'm sure I will have to load it twice then.

It's funny, I was going through old papers in the closet tonight and found a propane bill from 1999. It was .59 a gallon back then. I did not like paying it back then and I am REALLY glad I do not have to pay for it today.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Anthony

Latest posts

Back