My precious is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that saw looks like it means business but "precious?" you are not hiding your feelings,do you?
LOL
enjoy it.

Took it out to my firewood buddy's (Lefty) place were we do our firewood. Picked out a piece of red (or small leaf) elm about 36" tall by 48" long. In about 15 minutes it was all cut and noodled into easy to lift chunks. The saw just screams. Mitch (mweba) did a great job with it and I know we are going to love it, well Lefty anyway. He says it is to much saw for me so he took control of it and won't let me play with it.
I guess I will just have to look for another one.

If it took you 15 minutes to cut up a 4 ft. log, I think you better send it back to Mitch for a little tuning. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Wendell, sorry I did not measure the log or time it so I may have been off. Plus we noodled it down to smaller chunks. All I know it did not even slow the saw down with the 25" bar buried. We have another one about the same size that I will have to get before and after pictures of it.

Wendell, sorry I did not measure the log or time it so I may have been off. Plus we noodled it down to smaller chunks. All I know it did not even slow the saw down with the 25" bar buried. We have another one about the same size that I will have to get before and after pictures of it.

Just teasing you, Stephie. I was assuming you meant 48', not 48". :hmm3grin2orange:

are you using a 7 pin or an 8? im using an 8 on "Tiny". (yes my 066 has a name) and even in bar length hard woods it just lugs a little. I did put a BB kit and do some muffler mods. now that tiny can breath it friggin RUNS:chainsawguy:

I should have paid more attention. Saw is running great and will get a lot of use. Right now it has a 25" bar with a 8 tooth sprocket. Mitch also sent a 7 tooth with it.

Not sure what a chip deflector or roller chain catcher are. I will need to check into them. What other protection for the tank do people recommend? This is my first real Stihl and want to keep in trouble free.
Haven't got a name yet. Roomie recommended "Peg Leg" but that sounds more like a name for me.

Back