My Random Tree Logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like where the old chain link fence used to be. What're you doing creeping around the woods by the elem. School? :msp_confused:

Public walking path, I'm not an old man I was probably 20 or so. In a semi-suburban area those are your public woods there is a really old bench along the path, and it's also a shortcut between two streets between my house and my grandfathers. The grafted trees with the pole is at the bottom of a hill people go sliding on in the wintertime, but anyway :msp_wink:

Oh, got to be better places to smoke a doob and take a walk, around here if you're within so many feet of a school and get busted the consequences are much higher than normal.....:msp_scared:

It's only a fine here now, barley even a legal offense :) gotta love MA we are one more step away from complete legal recreational use like Washington and Colorado. But yea I don't walk that trail anymore thankfully

American Chestnut?

I was hiking Mt. Monadnock in NH and approaching the summit around 2,500ft I spotted what might be an American Chestnut tree?
GOPR0280_zps1eca98f9.jpg

GOPR0278_zpsfb9c0386.jpg

GOPR0281_zps3c208ba7.jpg

It's the only thing in-focus in this picture, it does not look high but we climbed in a really bad thunderstorm so you could not see a thing off the sides...the top was like a NorthEaster without snow; 75ft visibility with whipping rain, wind and fog:
GOPR0287_zpse425a65f.jpg

Wish I knew what kind of tree it is...spotted it on the way home from a job but looks to be THRIVING up there!

996006_655904417767277_1100627704_n_zps8ce100eb.jpg

Back