My Super Pro 81 Bar Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emf123

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just want to say I love the site, learning tons, and got inspired to take on a little project for my McCulloch SP81. I purchased this Mac bar on ebay, it was in good shape overall but the paint looked like crap so I decided to repaint it and get some vinyl decals made for it. Here's the before images:
bar1.jpg
bar2.jpg
bar3.jpg
bar4.jpg

I sanded it down, got the rust off, ground the rails flat, filled some divots with epoxy, and then primer painted it. I followed that with VHT Flameproof black and silver paint. I cured it in the oven per the directions, up to 450 degrees. A couple things I learned about that: Don't grab it with an oven mitt when it's hot. The paint is soft so it got all messed up and I had to do it over again. Also, you should probably do it in when you can open the windows, because the wife got mad when it stunk up the house!
Then I had some vinyl decals made by the local sign printing place. It took me awhile to figure out the font and I needed some help from the graphic artist here at work. The font is MicrogrammaDBolExt. The print shop needed the files in vector art, so I had to have the .pdf files converted to .ai files by the graphic artist. They charged by the square foot, so I had 3 sets made up, 2 SP81 & 1 Pro Mac 850. They only charged $18 but I had to get everything in the right format for them.
Mac symbol.JPG
Pro Mac 850.JPG
SP81.JPG
Here's the finished product (for now). I'm thinking of clear coating over the decals, just in case I actually use this thing ;)
20150107_202457.jpg
20150107_202609.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hopefully the pics turn show up, I uploaded them from my computer.

Eric

Back