My tire had cancer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan_marine

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Or should I say had cancer. Well I fixed the axel on the trailer. New 3500# axel. But I put on an old tire I had laying around that fit the axel. Well the pics don't tell the story. We got to the job today around 1pm. I told my cutting partner to pick up the pieces on the other side of the river. He got them and came back. I said lets take a look at the load. I needed a break anyways. Well all looked well until I saw the tire. It had a small bubble. I was going to look closer at it when I heard somthing. Then it started to grow and grow and grow. That is when I went behind a tree to watch. That was fun. Here are the pics.

First seen it
tire3.jpg

Growing
tire2.jpg

Growing
tire1.jpg

Gone
tire.jpg

Last edited:
at least its suffering was short and no one was hurt, one day it might end up in a highschool track or in a road somewhere
mr 15" goodyear - you will not be forgotten. R.I.P

It looks like he is runnning donepops... at least on that one side!

Been there, done that on a tractor front last winter. I tried like heck to get it home before it popped, but soybean stubble is awful sharp on an exposed inner tubes.

Most often, it's sidewall damage done by a long ago curb, rock or other such immovable object that finally lets go completely.

bye bye tire. we use old tires from around the farm for my cousin's paintball course for barracades and bunkers.

Reminds me of the time I was visiting the neighbor across the highway. Heard the explosion and saw an 18 wheeler pulling over in front of his drive. We walked out and 'helped' him inspect the damage. Tire shredded, rubber everywhee. He looks down and dryly says "I don't think you can put a boot in that". I thought about finding a good hiding spot a few miles away but the guy did laugh a bit.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back