My tree is puking.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barchetta

Reaction score
I just moved to North Carolina.. I have never seen a tree shed in the spring.. What kind of tree is this? And why is it puking leaves?

Those look like flower petals to me. Some trees flower in spring before they produce leaves. I think you are just witnessing the flowers falling off.

Those look like flower petals to me. Some trees flower in spring before they produce leaves. I think you are just witnessing the flowers falling off.

Yeah I think so too.. but I cant see where they are coming from so was wondering what kind of tree it is... I know which one it is but I cant see the darn flowers.. they must be at the top.

They willl also shed leaves in the heat of summer if it is dry for an extended period. They will shed limbs also, Tulip Poplar is a soft wooded tree that grows very fast and very large.

Flowers are beautiful but too high to see. Species is excellent--i have a 113' specimen 15' from me right now.

Stuff that falls from trees is meant to be recycled to its roots.

I just moved to North Carolina.. I have never seen a tree shed in the spring.. What kind of tree is this? And why is it puking leaves?

Welcome TO NC. If you do much tree work here, you'll get LOTS of opportunity to deal with Tulip Poplars!

Latest posts

Back