My tri-axle load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a nice load of wood. Can't beat that price. Always nice to have a stack like that one the property. Gott'a be a good feeling.

I'm getting another one of these soon, 10 cord of 8 footers mostly red oak and ash.$300.

LogTruck2008005.jpg

0809101344.jpg

The last two years I paid $700 a load for wood that is only a couple miles from me. I have no problem paying it considering the amount of work it saves me from having to go cut and haul the wood back to my house. Two toddlers keep me busy.

Last edited:
I'm getting another one of these soon, 10 cord of 8 footers mostly red oak and ash.$300.

Looks like a good buy. One things start to freeze around here, I think we'll find some good prices on ash logs. Every place I look, I see dead ash trees in the woods. But it's still too wet to get them out. I've been marking mine so I know which ones to cut first (when I can get to them)

Someone has a nice rig.. Thanks for the pics..

Got a wheeler load here(Maine) a couple weeks ago with 9 cords of 24' assorted hardwood for $900. and that's cheaper than some are charging.

Nice load by the way and the old Pete that delivered it ain't bad either!

LogTruck2008005.jpg

Does he run his truck on sawdust? :dizzy:
Up here the asking price is around $100-120 a cord for 6 to 8 cord load. I've never ordered one and got to negotiating but I doubt it would get much cheaper even with cash.

I had an arborist drop two monster ash trees for $300 at the field edge near my house. He guesstimated that there might be 6 to 8 cords in the two trees. So I figured I can't get wood delivered for $50/cord so I might as well get him to fell them. There is about 1 cord in the first 8' of each of them but cutting up a 44" diameter log is going to be a challange.

Does he run his truck on sawdust? :dizzy:
Up here the asking price is around $100-120 a cord for 6 to 8 cord load. I've never ordered one and got to negotiating but I doubt it would get much cheaper even with cash.

I had an arborist drop two monster ash trees for $300 at the field edge near my house. He guesstimated that there might be 6 to 8 cords in the two trees. So I figured I can't get wood delivered for $50/cord so I might as well get him to fell them. There is about 1 cord in the first 8' of each of them but cutting up a 44" diameter log is going to be a challange.

We just ran into this with three trees NUTNDUN and I cut the last two weeks. The three were 26", 34", and 36" diameter...there's a lot of wood in those trees, but the amount of work that goes into bucking, and then noodling the bigger rounds into pieces we can get onto a trailer by hand, and how many trips it takes to haul that much wood...and my 066 recoil spring crapped out on us yesterday before we even got the 34" down on the ground...it made for a long day.

I like getting that much wood from just a few trees, but at the end of the day, you start to question if it's worth all the effort compared to cutting 18-24" trees when you don't have any equipment to use.

We just ran into this with three trees NUTNDUN and I cut the last two weeks. The three were 26", 34", and 36" diameter...there's a lot of wood in those trees, but the amount of work that goes into bucking, and then noodling the bigger rounds into pieces we can get onto a trailer by hand, and how many trips it takes to haul that much wood...and my 066 recoil spring crapped out on us yesterday before we even got the 34" down on the ground...it made for a long day.

I like getting that much wood from just a few trees, but at the end of the day, you start to question if it's worth all the effort compared to cutting 18-24" trees when you don't have any equipment to use.
I've got a few ideas on how to break it down and I don't have a splitter so the plan is to split/rip it right there at least into pieces I can lift. Both trees are 150 yards from the house so its going to be a winter project to get myself in shape as well.
I've thought about renting a saw just to beat on it for a day doing alot of the noodling cuts. A few bucks to save my 372 from 8 hours of having the bar buried continuously might be a good investment.:greenchainsaw:

LogTruck2008005.jpg

loggers get $30 a cord to put it on the landing, that's $300 right there. plus stumpage (about $25) , plus trucking ( about $20+) you're at about$850 for 10 cords. unless ole Phil is stealing that wood off a landing you got a heck of a deal!:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back