My wood splitting rig.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
the tractor is a 1977 Sears 16/6 twin and the splitter is I believe either a Lowe's or Northern Hydraulic machine from 1992 or 93. That little Sears comes in handy when I need to get that splitter in places the truck can't go.

Last edited:
Nice set up you have there. I tow my splitter around the yard with a Sears tractor too. I don't have a nice trailer like that though.

I have a 1973 sears st16 with the factory rear 3 point hitch works well to lift and move my splitter around, splitter is a little hitch heavy. Nice looking rig.

thanks for the comments, the tractor has a sleeve hitch instead of the 3pt and I just made a ball mount for it. The trailer is a 16ft car hauler that I got a few years ago, it has a 8000# winch set up on the front and I used a modified pair of jumper cables to power it, I use the winch mainly for dragging logs on the trailer, I have put 3 logs on there that where about 20 to 24 inch in diameter and 16 ft long, I have some pics somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

Here's the hitch setup

Last edited:
Wow, what a Great way to move around town and split some wood. I could really use something like that when going to different friend's homes to help with wood. Looks like a good heavy trailer and with the winch, I am sure it comes in handy when moving some logs to your place to split. Overall a real neat way to move the splitter (I like the hitch).

Last edited:
Back