mystery carb. 038 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I put a bar on it, I'm guessing it has an air leak. Never have replaced seals before, and I'm undecided as to whether to try it on this saw or send it on down the road to someone with more skill confidence and patience than I. Is this an easy saw to do oil seals on?

Seals are pretty easy on a 038, if you have basic skills and tools. Just take your time , be careful, and watch some videos on how to do it. The only specialized tools I can think of are a flywheel puller, and maybe a seal puller if you want to try one. I use a lisle seal puller sometimes, and other times just use drywall screws.

Flash!! Update on oversize throttle rod. . I was still having trouble with the master switch, and just count seem to get it to run right or even figure out exactly what position the master switch was in. It turned out that somewhere under the trigger handle the throttle rod ws hanging up on something. Opened up the cover,wiggled things a bit, sprayed in a little brake cleaner and wd40, and now it seems like its working properly, and no longer acting like an air leak ( before, the throttle rod was STILL not returning to the correct idle position.) SO, another chance for me to avoid learning to replace crank seals ( I hope)

Latest posts

Back