mystery carb. 038 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think so. I disconnected fuel line to get a better picture. It doesn’t touch the rod as far as I can see. Was a good theory though
It does seem to twist in the fork, cuz there’s tension on it from being about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch too long I can position it differently in the fork but it wiggles and changes when I use the trigger

I don’t think so. I disconnected fuel line to get a better picture. It doesn’t touch the rod as far as I can see. Was a good theory though
Is it just bound up on the throttle. Keeping it from rotating into place. I just did a rebuild on an 038AVS last week. It kinda did the same thing just wiggling it around it all fell into place

You shouldn’t have to take the handle / trigger apart. Just loosen the carb. And move it around til if fall into place

Well, feeling pretty silly right about now 😬. May have to change my name and leave the country. Played with original and new carb. Whoops. Discovered that I had the master switch in the choke/high idle position so of course it wouldn’t return to low idle. Sorry to waste your time. Hope you were entertained Will try starting later when everyone is awake

Well, feeling pretty silly right about now 😬. May have to change my name and leave the country. Played with original and new carb. Whoops. Discovered that I had the master switch in the choke/high idle position so of course it wouldn’t return to low idle. Sorry to waste your time. Hope you were entertained Will try starting later when everyone is awake
I was wondering if that mite have been the case. At least it was something simple.

Now that I put a bar on it, I'm guessing it has an air leak. Never have replaced seals before, and I'm undecided as to whether to try it on this saw or send it on down the road to someone with more skill confidence and patience than I. Is this an easy saw to do oil seals on?

Yes, I did try to make some adjustments, but it was tricky to adjust because the idle speed kept changing. I could not get a consistent idle going. It was generally tending to idle too fast. I have not tested it for air leak. I may try to sell it as is.

One thing you could try is back the idle screw out to the point the saw dies. If it does you likely don’t have an air leak, at least not a large one. I’ve noticed the Bing 48 and HE-19 are pretty touchy on the mixture screws.

Back