Mythbusters Max flow vs HD2 and Oem vs Dual port muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to have that saw with Randy's permission only of course. Is it a 460?

It's far from my best 460........but it's a good runner. It has a Zama carb, the Walbro would be better......it also hasn't had the timing advanced. I'll be interested too.......go for it. :rock:

It's far from my best 460........but it's a good runner. It has a Zama carb, the Walbro would be better......it also hasn't had the timing advanced. I'll be interested too.......go for it. :rock:

I'd love to see a good 681 on the dyno... Just to see where the #'s intersect...

Many variables to consider, including calibration of dyno, manufacturers measurement point (flywheel or at chain as per this dyno) - think cars with wheel dyno vs engine dyno with driveline losses.

Will be good to compare saws on this piece of equipment - noting even variations in ambient temperature between tests, engine heat soak etc cause result variation in vehicle dynos.

Don't forget altitude

Good question.

Never seen the saw. I guess Neal is busy. I would still like to test a really good ported 460. Shame on me I haven't touched the dyno in over a month. I needed a part for it and that showed up a couple weeks ago but I've been to busy to mess with it. Winter is coming fast and that should bring me some time to do lots of testing.

Never seen the saw. I guess Neal is busy. I would still like to test a really good ported 460. Shame on me I haven't touched the dyno in over a month. I needed a part for it and that showed up a couple weeks ago but I've been to busy to mess with it. Winter is coming fast and that should bring me some time to do lots of testing.

Hopefully this site is up and going again and everyone comes back!

Don't forget altitude

I did forget. Thank you - not used to that variable due to Australia being very flat and predominantly coastal where these facilities are found..... So never considered as a major factor in comparisons here.

Still - if all the tests on this chainsaw dyno are done in the same place the variances will be the key items to analyse.

I'm wondering if spreadsheeting and charting results and environmental notes might be the way to go? Google docs or similar??

It's well into winter. Any testing yet?

I gotta be honest with you guys. I get all ramped up on projects for a while then I move onto something else. I started porting then I got a lathe and started cutting squish bands and bases. I have a few rippers and a couple that blew up mostly due to junk aftermarket parts I don't deal with anymore. Saws are fun to me but I probably won't be porting many anymore. My kids are getting most if my attention now then work and other projects are taking the rest of my time. I plan on doing some more dyno testing then selling the dyno to someone who can put it to good use on lots of testing I just don't have time for.

Reloading and long range target shooting is my fun now. Got a hankering for building a pulling tractor. My brother and I are thinking about getting an IH 1466 for some fun.

I was actually looking at that saw today and thinking about you, wondering if you got the dyno going? If so, I'm still up for sending it to you. The Walbro carb is still hanging on the handle, ready to go with it.

I was actually looking at that saw today and thinking about you, wondering if you got the dyno going? If so, I'm still up for sending it to you. The Walbro carb is still hanging on the handle, ready to go with it.
I'm ready but you don't have to send it if you dont want to. I have a stock 460 I'll test before and after porting. I worry a tiny bit about blowing up someones saw on my dyno. I blew an aftermarket crank in my 460 on the dyno.

Latest posts

Back