"Nationality" of my new Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Jred 2159, which I am thrilled with so far.

However, I was looking at the packaging materials, and they all say Jonsered Canada. Upon closer inspection, the saw itself has a Jonsered CA sticker on it, rather than the EPA sticker I believe is required by law.

Given that I live in SE Michigan, and bought the saw from my local dealer here in SE Michigan, could this be a problem, particularly if I ever go to sell it? Or if I move and need warranty service, what then? I doubt there's any difference in the saws built for either country, but I wasn't aware you could legally sell a saw built (and tagged) for the Canadian market in the US.

I'm tempted to call Tilton to ask them about it, as I noticed on their website they don't appear to service Canada. Anyone know who I should contact there if this is a problem?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

You know, CA also stands for California. Don't know too much about Jonsered Saws, but maybe your dealer got a good buy on a bunch of saws out of California. If it is California model, it is likely tree-huggerized, detuned, extra strangled and low on power! I know the Husky 338XPT have a CA model - for sale at Bailey's online. And, since Husky and Jonsered are ''the same" it wouldn't surprise me if that CA mean California. Certain Husky products are not for sale in California, like my 232R brushcutter.

Four Paws said:
You know, CA also stands for California. Don't know too much about Jonsered Saws, but maybe your dealer got a good buy on a bunch of saws out of California. If it is California model, it is likely tree-huggerized, detuned, extra strangled and low on power! I know the Husky 338XPT have a CA model - for sale at Bailey's online. And, since Husky and Jonsered are ''the same" it wouldn't surprise me if that CA mean California. Certain Husky products are not for sale in California, like my 232R brushcutter.

Good point...one I didn't think about. But this one specifically says Canada, and it has a "Canadian EPA" sticker on it. (With apologies to our Canadian friends...I don't recall what your version of the EPA is called.)

I could probably throw a good fastball into Canada from where I live, so my guess is that they got the saw from another "local" dealer in another country!

My first thought was that somebody bootlegged some saws in from Canada. But with the high Canadien prices some of you guys have talked about, I'm not sure. Have you asked the dealer where you got it? Does he have more Canadien saws there for sale?

jonsered

I beleive your Jonsered is under warranty anywhere worldwide if there is a dealer that can provide service for that saw.
If i am not mistaken they are made by ELECTROLUX.

Hi,
I just purchased a Jonsered in Canada (2156) and every indication on mine is that it is made in Sweden, nothing on it says Canada. BTW, my first post on this site, so, hi ya'll.:greenchainsaw:

I'm pretty new too, Welcome to AS. Be carefull....they will suck you innnnnnn...........

SawBum said:
I'm pretty new too, Welcome to AS. Be carefull....they will suck you innnnnnn...........

Thanks man, glad to be here, I've been a saw addict for a long time, just didn't know there were sites for tree killers! Love that 2 stroke scent. Cheers.;)

Last edited:
Back