"Near Death Experience Anyone?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drunk driving wake up call, bounced off curb, could have been worse. Me and booze don't mix anymore. About 3 yrs ago I was removing a small 70' pine. My health insurance had just been cancled and I was super nervous for some reason and my brain was scattered. My weight was on my left foot standing at the base of a small branch and I completely unclipped my lanyard to get over a branch. While I was reaching around for the lanyard I heard a snap and immediately started to fall w/ no tie in and about 60' up. I hugged the tree and somehow got my right gaff to sink and clipped back in. I stood on my gaffs and took a few deep breaths and managed to focus. That was scary but a good wake up call. I do things safer now.

-Mike-

i had the brakes lock up on a car coming off a curve, yelled at a guy to get out of my way 10am. one Sun. Morn.

Woke up 4 days later in a hospital, one of them calenders ya rip the day off for each day hanging on the wall, wondering where the daze went. Everything bleeping and blipping, tubes every where imaginable, unable to move anything but my eyes to scan the room in circles.

i could hear my dad asking the doctor if i was going to make it over by the door, clear as day; the priest was on the way. i remember fighting to stay awake, afraid as hell what would happen if i didn't; but soon faded. i remember resurfacing and fighting another couple rounds. i went from being hyper re-active (who'd guess?) to taking 3 sips of soup being an exhausting experience, as if i had swam a channel and barely washed up on shore somehow.

i had crushed my heart between my chest and spine busting my pericardium, that holds poisionous junk out from your heart.

Took some time to get over that...........

Find the write harmony, we be here only awhile!

clinically dead

Does it count if you flatlined over 20 miniutes? Aneurysm burst right tempoal lobe at work, youngest, worst case, that ever lived through it. Got to be an "experimental medical use only" kind of guy. Had a heart attack in a tree but with the stents they put in I still go just not fast anymore. The wife says, "That's because your, What :eek: 50 this week. I'll be climbing when I'm 90:D

Latest posts

Back