Need 60" and 48" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Rooker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I need a 60" and 48" bar for my Stihl 090. Prefer helper handle with the 60" bar, but not critical. I am running a .404 x .063 on it now but could change hub to different pitch if necessary. Thanks.

Howdy,
I'm not aware of anybody making a straight up 48" without being custom made. The standard jump looks like 42" right to 50".
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
I'm not aware of anybody making a straight up 48" without being custom made. The standard jump looks like 42" right to 50".
Regards
Gregg
My local Stihl dealer can get me a 47" bar and a 59". I'm guessing these are 48" and 60", respectively. I guess it depends on how you measure it! I was always taught to measure from the beginning of slot, toward the bar nose, to the end of the bar. I didn't ask the dealer how he measured it, but they do make a bar within an inch of 48 inches! We just keep learning, don't we?

Howdy,
That 47" bar from Stihl is a hard nose.
Regards
Gregg
Yes, so is the 59". As you probably know, they have a 42" bar available. I didn't ask them if it was a hard nose or not since I was looking for a 48/47" bar. Since I have a 36" bar on one of my 051s I felt like I needed at least another foot of bar for the 090. My 075 doesn't oil enough to handle a bar over 24", which I have on it now, otherwise I would reverse the bars on the 051 and 075. You can probably tell me what the problem is with the 075 oiling system. It is "turned up" as high as it will go but still does not put out enough oil. Appreciate your advise. Thanks. Bob R

Howdy,
The 075 has a pretty bullet proof oiler. Are you using less than a tank of oil to a tank of fuel? Considering there's no leaks, and the passages are clear, there's a possibility the cam ball on the oiler adjuster is worn, or bent. It doesn't stop the adjuster from turning but, it will keep the oilers piston from full longitudinal travel.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back