Need a chain recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my favorite is stihl square tooth ,semi skip ,you need a square grinder for sharpenings though

One of the reasons I drive 25 miles instead of using the dealer down the road from me... They WILL NOT sell anything but safety chain, and WILL NOT sell anything larger than 25" bars. Watched a guy buy an MS660 and they told him they wouldn't get him a longer bar because "no one has a need for that" and that they only sell safety chain, because that's what Stihl recomends... That, along with incompitent people at the parts counter with words like "They don't make parts for the 066 Stihl any longer, it's obsolete" when I needed clutch springs!!

Dumb dealers that misinform costumers can be found about anywhere - some times they just don't know better, other times it is about making things simpler for themselves.

If your cutting clean wood give RSLHK a real good look at

I used this chain this past weekend and I really like it :)

Dumb dealers that misinform costumers can be found about anywhere - some times they just don't know better, other times it is about making things simpler for themselves.

Yep, they're pretty lazy and incompitent! I went in once to see if they might have a carb kit. I told them what model the carb was, a VERY common zama carb, they would not tell me if they had the kit until I told them what it came of. When I did, they said "we don't sell parts for that brand chainsaw"...... That was the time I made up my mind to never search out parts there again!

Latest posts

Back