Need a felling Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLMCRZY

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Need something bigger to fell a few trees around here. My Cs 370 wont cut it unless its a small mesquite or cedar. Anyways i like Echo but am open to suggestions.

I picked out the Cs 600p or the Cs 680p. Which one is better? Who actually has one? Btw I wanna stay below $600.

What size of wood are you cutting? I can't comment on the Echo, I don't know about those.

I'd look for a good use Pro Stihl or Husky.

Probably anywhere from 12" to 20" trees mainly Oaks and a few pecans.

Really dont wanna buy used....Unless im absolutely sure the saw was taken care of, to my standards.

felling saws are 70cc. Echo doesn't make felling saws! j/k

Really though, never heard about those Echos either way. Yo can fall with 60cc but it works a whole lot better with 70cc saws even in small 20" wood.

felling saws are 70cc. Echo doesn't make felling saws! j/k

Really though, never heard about those Echos either way. Yo can fall with 60cc but it works a whole lot better with 70cc saws even in small 20" wood.

That 680p is a 68cc saw. Then it goes straight to 80cc which is way outta my price range. Like i said im open to any brand.

If it were me I would go for the stihl 066 or the Jred 2188
(equivalent of husky 390 but sexy and with a straight handle)

In my opinion if you can stand the weight and use the saw easily then go for a big saw. Don't mess around with 65cc or 70cc. Go straight for 90cc+

You can get a used and in good condition 066 for 500-600 dollars off here it seems so not crazy expensive.

i have the 670 and it is sweet,,i run the 20" bar and have a 24" bar for bigger logs.. if you can find it which would be new/old stock you can get it for about 75 cheaper. if not that 680 is a sweet saw. it will handle a 20" tree with no problem. the 680 is the same as the 670 but it is just the orange and the 670 is gray

i have the 670 and it is sweet,,i run the 20" bar and have a 24" bar for bigger logs.. if you can find it which would be new/old stock you can get it for about 75 cheaper. if not that 680 is a sweet saw. it will handle a 20" tree with no problem. the 680 is the same as the 670 but it is just the orange and the 670 is gray

How does it handle the 24" bar?

Echo usually don't list any power specs, and that is not a coincidence.....:givebeer:

thats what I was asking and politely trying to point out:)

68cc 14.5#.... I bet a 12# MS 361 makes more power. I would be shopping for a used 372xp or new 365 even.

Jeez, 372xp is pricey! Ill keep my eye on the classifieds, but id rather have new....

Also heated handles hahahaha, def. dont need that in Tx

Saw an Efco saw on the classifieds, i have never heard of them? Feed back plz?

Last edited:
Jeez, 372xp is pricey! Ill keep my eye on the classifieds, but id rather have new....

Also heated handles hahahaha, def. dont need that in Tx

Why would you get heated handles? I live where we get -45C and I don't even buy heated handles

What is the pricing on these Echos? A used pro Husky or Stihl is rebuildable. Its not the same as buying used plastic saws

Why would you get heated handles? I live where we get -45C and I don't even buy heated handles

What is the pricing on these Echos? A used pro Husky or Stihl is rebuildable. Its not the same as buying used plastic saws

I didnt say i would get heated handles but the saw comes with it.

I think the 600p is $580 and the 680 is right at $600.

I didnt say i would get heated handles but the saw comes with it.

I think the 600p is $580 and the 680 is right at $600.

they come heated as an extra option that costs more. You can get a very nice 372 for $600.

Listen, get what you want. Buy the Echo. You asked, so everyone is telling you there are much better saws available. You've already decided to buy it so just go get it and tell us what you think

Also, for just a bit over 600 you could get a brand new MS362 and I bet a dozen doughnuts it makes more HP than the Echo 680

they come heated as an extra option that costs more. You can get a very nice 372 for $600.

Listen, get what you want. Buy the Echo. You asked, so everyone is telling you there are much better saws available. You've already decided to buy it so just go get it and tell us what you think

You going to go cry now or what? I have not decided what saw i want i just liked the echos saws since of the price. Show me a brand new 372 for $600 bucks, i did not see one although i really didnt search to hard.

Is this how this forum is full of a bunch of cry babies, its $600 that im going to give up for a new saw, i kinda wanna do my homework before i go spend, and i dont need some crybaby getting butthurt because i didnt choose the saw he recommended me right then and there.

Latest posts

Back