Need a FSM for a Stihl 039- can't find it in the manuals thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The Beg for Manuals thread is over 500 pages long? I looked at ten pages before my eyes started bleeding.

Anyone have a FSM or IPL or EPV for a Stihl 039 they can share.

I picked up the 039, a 021 and a 019T for ten bucks each. The 039 lacks a sidecover (B&C) right this minute, but pulling the starter handle appears to have plenty of compression. I have to clean it up and check for spark this afternoon, I'll clean the others too, a little bit. They need more parts. I may part them out, even though I am kinda not confident. I will send pics....

I really needed a bigger saw, the MS 270 worked, but I overworked it in the spring, and somehow a couple of bolt under the flywheel backed out and damaged the flywheel. I have ordered a new one, but it aint here yet. I am hoping I can just bolt in the new flywheel and it goes back to work. It handles 18" fine. But I wanted the bigger saw for the 20-30+"

Not a huge fan of hot rodding a working saw, but the 039 might get a muff mod and a little porting if it needs any P/C work, make sense?

Last edited:
I don't have a manual for you but the "beg for manuals thread" is located in the Stickies at the top of the page.

Any time I needed a manual I just posted a new request on the last page. Has worked every time.

Yes, Will do. It has over 800 pages.....

Got ahead of myself, had to dig to find this thread, LOTS of traffic on this room.

I have pics and questions about all three saws now.

Thnaks

I don know, Fish....

I naturally started on the first page when I searched and it said I'd find mention of it in that sticky, but bogged down. Shoulda went to the last page and figured the trend out before now.

The 021 and the 019T have no pull rope assy, can I use a drill on the flywheel nut to get it to reveal spark?

The 039 does have spark.

Latest posts

Back