Need a new saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'll be just fine with the size 1. There is plenty of room for adjustment....your gonna love it.

Finally some good weather and was able to get some Onyx climb time in over the weekend. You called it sac-climber, I'm lovin' it!

The nearest place for me to try out an onyx saddle is indiana so i ordered one sight unseen. I hope i balance better than i did in the cougar.
If it takes a while to adjust, just don't give up. My final adjustments seemed a bit counter-intuitive, and practically opposite from where I started. If need be, give New Tribe a call and ask to speak with a climber who has a lot of experience with the Onyx in particular.

I tried lengthening leg straps until there was nothing more to lengthen - thought NT may have made things too short - but then tried going the other direction ...just to see... Where I ended up was pretty far from where I expected to be, but is probably just about perfect.

For what it's worth, I'm including measurements I ended up with, knowing body types are different so you may settle somewhere much different. A few things not in the pics:
(1) I wear the saddle right at the hips. Other saddles may ride above but this is where NT recommends for the ONYX - or so I'm told - works best for me,
(2) Butt-strap/sling (horizontal strap) doesn't ride directly under the butt, but a little back, and it should be snug, or at least that works for me - I originally had it far too loose,
(3) While sitting in the saddle, approx. 6" space between top of thigh and rigging plate.

Hope this helps.

Saddle-Leg Straps-S.jpg Saddle-Leg Straps-Belt-S.jpg Saddle-Butt Strap-Sling-S.jpg

I've been searching for a new saddle myself. I have my trusty old buckingham versatile wide back which is a very comfortable saddle. I tried a glide for a while but every time I put a saw on it it would ride down my ass like I was one of those thugs who wheres their pants below their ass. I thought about an ergovation but the $500 price tag seem too much. I'm a skinny 150lbs soaking wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back