Need a p/n for the Stihl Woodsman case scabbard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garndawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Happy New Year, folks!

I've got a Woodsman case that's missing the original scabbard (the one that has the flange to fit inside the case). I've got a standard scabbard I'm using, but would really like the original one that has the tool holders and such (my wife has acused me of being a bit obsessive, dunno' why...). The one I've got leaves some of the bar exposed and is pretty easy to pull off accidentally. I like having to open the case to clear the bar.

I can't find a p/n for the scabbard, tho. And the dealer isn't terribly helpful, keeps wanting to sell me the whole case again.

Anybody got a p/n and list price?

...now to get the scrench and torx tool to put in it!

Thanks much!

PS: Anybody try the linseed oil/paint thinner fade fix on the Woodsman case? Did it work? Thx!

Attachments

• Woodsman case.png
    Woodsman case.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 6
If you want the whole case I have one trash can bound shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

Thanks, Big T. Amazon and google search shows a different pic with the 9127 p/n as another kind. This one...

Can you confirm that p/n as the one with the flare and tool holders?

Magnum, sent you a PM on your case.

Thanks much and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• scabbard.jpg
    scabbard.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 6
Thanks, Big T. Amazon and google search shows a different pic with the 9127 p/n as another kind. This one...

Can you confirm that p/n as the one with the flare and tool holders?

Magnum, sent you a PM on your case.

Thanks much and Happy New Year!
From the book
image.jpg

0000 792 9127. $5.95

I realize that I'm digging up a 2 year old thread here, but did this part number turn out to be for the correct scabbard or the one pictured by Amazon? I'm looking for 2 of them. Amazon still shows the generic scabbard, others don't show a photo. Are they even available anywhere? A few of the hits on Google indicate they are discontinued and Amazon shows out of stock.

The part number I gave is the scabbard that fits the woodsman case. I don't know what amazon has listed.

I stopped in at the local dealer this afternoon with the number. He looked up the number, ordered them and says they will be in Monday or Tuesday. This is the same dealer that originally told me replacement woodsman case scabbards were not available.

And yes, any scabbard is better than no scabbard, and yes, I'm being a bit anal retentive. But I'm fixing this saw up for my son and want it to be "complete".

Backstory: Saw is an MS360 with many hours with a tree service company. Compression was getting low so a Hiway brand cylinder kit was installed by their Stihl dealer. Saw didn't run right. Owner took it back to dealer with less than 2 hrs running time. Dealer pulled cylinder and said it was scored due to straight gas -- no warranty. Owner decided to buy new saw instead & eventually gave old one to me.

I took it apart and found sawdust packed into every nook and cranny. It was hard to find the coil for all the oily sawdust. Worst of all, I found sawdust inside the crankcase and in the clutch side crank bearing. I can only conclude that whoever did the original work did not bother to clean anything before replacing the cylinder, allowing debris to fall into the crankcase while it was apart.

So, I made my own flywheel puller and crankcase separator (based on info found on this board) and completely disassembled the entire saw. Cleaned, flushed and wiped down every little bit before assembling with a nice new Meteor cylinder kit with Caber rings, new seals, bearings, gaskets, filters, etc. I've put 2 tanks of gas through it now and it runs like a new saw. So before I give it to him, I want to get the proper scabbard for the case as a bit of a finishing touch.

Thankyou all for your advice and assistance.

I stopped in at the local dealer this afternoon with the number. He looked up the number, ordered them and says they will be in Monday or Tuesday. This is the same dealer that originally told me replacement woodsman case scabbards were not available.

And yes, any scabbard is better than no scabbard, and yes, I'm being a bit anal retentive. But I'm fixing this saw up for my son and want it to be "complete".

Backstory: Saw is an MS360 with many hours with a tree service company. Compression was getting low so a Hiway brand cylinder kit was installed by their Stihl dealer. Saw didn't run right. Owner took it back to dealer with less than 2 hrs running time. Dealer pulled cylinder and said it was scored due to straight gas -- no warranty. Owner decided to buy new saw instead & eventually gave old one to me.

I took it apart and found sawdust packed into every nook and cranny. It was hard to find the coil for all the oily sawdust. Worst of all, I found sawdust inside the crankcase and in the clutch side crank bearing. I can only conclude that whoever did the original work did not bother to clean anything before replacing the cylinder, allowing debris to fall into the crankcase while it was apart.

So, I made my own flywheel puller and crankcase separator (based on info found on this board) and completely disassembled the entire saw. Cleaned, flushed and wiped down every little bit before assembling with a nice new Meteor cylinder kit with Caber rings, new seals, bearings, gaskets, filters, etc. I've put 2 tanks of gas through it now and it runs like a new saw. So before I give it to him, I want to get the proper scabbard for the case as a bit of a finishing touch.

Thankyou all for your advice and assistance.
Sounds like you do very nice work !

Sounds like you do very nice work !

Thanks, I try.

I picked up the scabbards today and can confirm they are the correct ones for the woodsman case, despite the Amazon image associated with that part number. They charged me $14.99 each though.

Thanks, I try.

I picked up the scabbards today and can confirm they are the correct ones for the woodsman case, despite the Amazon image associated with that part number. They charged me $14.99 each though.
Ouch. Downside with current style (vs old with snap hinges) have thin plastic for hinge which breaks eventually. I've fixed a couple with giant zip ties

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I'll look, I might have one for you. I can't remember if I kept it or threw it in the stove with the case.

Ouch. Downside with current style (vs old with snap hinges)

Geez, how many different iterations of this case are there? I have 3 different versions. Two of them are the same and feature the modern latch pictured in the catalog above (they came with the MS290 and MS261, both in the last decade). One of them is the same size case, but with the older style latches (it came with the 025 about 30 years ago). The last has the older latches, but the case is physically smaller. It came with the house, so I have no idea how old it might be. I discovered it was smaller when I tried to put the MS360 in it and the lid wouldn't close, but the 025 fits in it so all is well.

All 4 cases have flexible plastic strips for hinges. The hinges on the older two cases are starting to crack. I will probably rivet in a section of piano hinge when they let go.

Back