need a service manual for Stihl MS460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I guess I've got it bad....you all know what I mean. I was just innocently searching for some info on saws, and now, for some reason that I don't fully comprehend, I four of them. I started with a pioneer P25, which worked fine, but shakes like Tina Turner on uppers. I thought "I should get a more modern saw., with anti-vibe and chain brake. I got a super deal on a Poulan Pro 295, but it was gutless (it's not so bad now that I learned about muffler mods), so I came on this site to learn. I got a nice 024 Super. It runs great, and cuts way better than I am used to. In fact it reminded me of the "real saws" that I ran as an army Engineer. Then somehow a mint Husqvarna 55 showed up in my basement, so I guess I might have needed a slightly bigger saw, but the topper was driving home from work today, I noticed that somehow, an MS460 found its way onto the rear floor of my truck. Anybody know what causes this?
If I have to come clean, I guess I will admit that I "may" have picked it up cheap at a Gov't auction, because of a scored piston. The cylinder looks good through the exhaust, but it won't start unless I put some mix oil in the hole, so I guess it is a piston at least.
Does anybody have a service manual for this saw?
ser.# is 161290355 anybody know the year?
Thanks for the help (although it's probably as much your fault as mine)

send me your email address on a PM And I will send you one,,,,

Only if you promise not to Crush any 69 Camaros!!!!!!Like an eccentric Canadien that we know!!!! or if you get one and think its Junk you have to give me first Dibbs,,,,,

Last edited:
RiverRat2, would it be too much to ask if you could send me one as well.
Although with the new 460, I'am hoping I won't need it anytime soon, it would be nice to have though. Let me know and I'll send you a pm with my email addy. Thanks

RiverRat2, would it be too much to ask if you could send me one as well.
Although with the new 460, I'am hoping I won't need it anytime soon, it would be nice to have though. Let me know and I'll send you a pm with my email addy. Thanks

Will do when I get back to the shop on a Field service call right now!!!

Latest posts

Back