Need advice on ~40cc saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That actually is not the case, the 4605 is a "development" of the Euro 4600S, and has a lighter Mag case and other pro refinements, while the 460 is a heavier non-pro saw with an Alu case, and some lesser features.

Thank you for the clarification, I just know from the specs when I accidented across the European site is it resembled the same upgrades to the original 5100. I find ti hard to pay full price (or $$+ as it seems to be in SoCal) for something that I know has been improved upon and is available elsewhere.

Anyhow, thank you for the warning regarding the company. Warranties are nice if they plan to stand behind them.

Isnt there a sponsor on this site to sell him a 420?

Amen, it is still all I really need (at this minute so I can clear this stuff). That or a 5105 for a reasonable price.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions so far. This board is quite active, honestly I didn't expect all the prompt responses.

Amen, it is still all I really need (at this minute so I can clear this stuff). That or a 5105 for a reasonable price.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions so far. This board is quite active, honestly I didn't expect all the prompt responses.

It is quite unique, in that respect - no other chainsaw forums that I know of are even close!

Spending a bit more money on a 346xp would be better, but I realize that isn't the issue here.....

Sure, if you can live with bad ergonomics, bad handling and low power output! :mad:

Every one I have has good eronomics, the best handling saws I've run and excellent power with a muff mod and tuned right. You should really run one before making comments like that. Steve

Last edited:
I am a dealer for Dolmar so i guess if no one else who is on the site for sponsors wants to sell to him i could but i am not going to step on anyones toes.

Stihl 211 or husky 435. The 250 is a tough saw but the 211 will run with it all day long and is lighter.

Stopped by the largest stocking dealer in my area who reps Stihl, Husqvarna, and Echo . Sadly, the Husq 435 just felt straight cheap. The plastic definitely had a different feel and ring to it compared to the 346xp (obviously more $$$), and the safety release/trigger assembly was again loose and cheap feeling. They didn't have a 211, but did have a bunch of 230's as well as an old stock 210 and of course the 260Pro. Here the 230 felt more similar to the 260Pro, than did the 435 to 346xp, better plastics, and better fit and finish. When it came to the 2 50cc pro saws, 260 vs 346xp, they both seemed well made and nicely balanced.

My question is, how's the quality of the 211 compared to the 230 and up. I see it has a different all black handle, different (maybe newer) carb/aircleaner cover. I see it does have the Intellicarb feature found on some of the higher end saws. According to the salesperson they can now only order the C specced version with the quick release tensioner, easy-start etc, however according to the specs the saw jumps from 9.5lbs for the standard 211 to 10.1 for the C spec version. To be honest I was tempted to purchase a 192T or a T435, those things are so light and nimble.

Anyhow, again, I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. When I got back this evening I had received an offer on a Dolmar PS-420, which was my first choice/original plan. So if things go well I will purchase that, if not it seems the Stihl 211 is my second choice if the quality is on par w/ the 230/250.

Last edited:
Every one I have has good eronomics, the best handling saws I've run and excellent power with a muff mod and tuned right. You should really run one before making comments like that. Steve

2nd that the fanbois are ridiculous sometimes. I have never said a bad comment about any brand and i wont unless i have ran it and didnt like it!

Latest posts

Back