Need advice on chainsawing a tree with my blade?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, need advice here too. Or should I use advise?:msp_sneaky:

It is once again time to brush out my hellish road. Will parachute cord work to replace the rope that I got tired of on my pole lopper?
What chain should I use to cut the alder saplings? Should I bore cut them or pluge cut them or poke cut them? How about the maple saplings?
Will the maple saplings be more prone to splitting? Should I use the skip tooth string on my 090 weed whacker? How should I sharpen the string? I can't find my Ipod, where is it?

1: parachute cord while claiming to be very strong, actually is... but I find it doesn't catch enough brush in the mechanism to properly frustrate the end user.

2: Carbide chain for the alder saplings, less down time for sharpening... and just lock the throttle open with some more para cord and just kinda throw the saw at em, works everytime.

3: With the maple saplings yes they will be prone to splitting so make sure you cut them waist high or better (shoulder high if your under 5'2"). This also insures they will grow back and cause more work next year.

4: Use the full comp string (gees rookies I tell ya) and you can file with an emery board (you have one right)

5: your I-pod is in your back pocket... or under a felling wedge behind the seat of yer crummy...

:D

I would suggest the green or is it yellow safety string from Stihl on your 090. You can get nasty kickback when you're brushing out. Can't help on the ipad:msp_confused:

Slowp I would suggest you use this on those saplings once you have them cut of at chest hieght.

Well, I'm about to go do battle with the vegetation. My walk took longer because I had to stop and talk to a guy.

My gross story of the week!

I was out killing slugs this morning and felt a nice slime and coolness on the arch of my foot. Yup, it was a big fat slug that somehow got into my pretty blue crocs! My foot was slimed! Gag, bllleccch, yuckers. At least it didn't get smashed in my croc. I emptied the shoe and killed the slug. Icky poo!

Well, I'm about to go do battle with the vegetation. My walk took longer because I had to stop and talk to a guy.

My gross story of the week!

I was out killing slugs this morning and felt a nice slime and coolness on the arch of my foot. Yup, it was a big fat slug that somehow got into my pretty blue crocs! My foot was slimed! Gag, bllleccch, yuckers. At least it didn't get smashed in my croc. I emptied the shoe and killed the slug. Icky poo!

LOL there is something that is instinctively repulsive about slugs. I am 34 yrs old 6' 4" and 290 lbs and about screamed like a girl when I got one smeared on my hand the other day...

LOL there is something that is instinctively repulsive about slugs. I am 34 yrs old 6' 4" and 290 lbs and about screamed like a girl when I got one smeared on my hand the other day...

Anyone bigger than 6'4" 290 available to make fun of the big boy?

Slowp, The iPod is definitely in the couch somewhere. Putting any sort of line into the 90 is pretty unsafe, and if it's running, it'll pollute the environment. I'd just bash the weeds with the pole

OK, need advice here too. Or should I use advise?:msp_sneaky:

It is once again time to brush out my hellish road. Will parachute cord work to replace the rope that I got tired of on my pole lopper?
What chain should I use to cut the alder saplings? Should I bore cut them or pluge cut them or poke cut them? How about the maple saplings?
Will the maple saplings be more prone to splitting? Should I use the skip tooth string on my 090 weed whacker? How should I sharpen the string? I can't find my Ipod, where is it?

The answer to your questions is. . . Eleventy Seven.

Don't spend it all in one place. :msp_biggrin:

Next time, hit it with yer purse Sally.
gay_hand.gif

:msp_biggrin:

meh...piss on the blades...I use a rabid beaver! Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Like a genius once said.."You can pick yer nose, and you can pick yer friends nose...but ya can't pick the couch"! Damn straight right there!

meh...piss on the blades...I use a rabid beaver! Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Like a genius once said.."You can pick yer nose, and you can pick yer friends nose...but ya can't pick the couch"! Damn straight right there!

Can you pick the argyle socks? Thats what I want to know ....o_O

Latest posts

Back