Need advice on chainsawing a tree with my blade?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Reaction score
My neighbors-sisters-girlfriends-cousins-daughters-boyfriend. . . Works at a place that has a tree growing out of a deck. The tree is 4' in diameter and leans heavily toward the building. It also splits into two trees 7' above the deck level.

My question is, should I wear white socks or black socks when I chainsaw it with my sloped backcut? Also, is a 12" blade good enough on my chainsaw, or should I use my 16" blade?

Why ya wanna wear socks ......flip flops are reg footwear are they not lol and pfffft chainsaw .....that wee stick ......use ya pocket knife

It was a serious question you guys. :msp_sneaky:

I have 35 years of experience cutting trees off with a blade, I don't need advice about chainsawing.

On the other hand, I have no fashion sense, and really need help with my socks. :help:

Last edited:
My neighbors-sisters-girlfriends-cousins-daughters-boyfriend. . . Works at a place that has a tree growing out of a deck. The tree is 4' in diameter and leans heavily toward the building. It also splits into two trees 7' above the deck level.

My question is, should I wear white socks or black socks when I chainsaw it with my sloped backcut? Also, is a 12" blade good enough on my chainsaw, or should I use my 16" blade?

A1.
Skycrane. Bored. front to back, in to out.

A2.
Woolies tucked in.
Blade length ? nope, outa answers, lol

:(

Come on guys/gals

The man needs help and you are giving him fashion tips..

What you really need to do is Drill a hole in the tree and place a whole bunch of TNT in it and light it..
you will not have to worry about your DECK any more..

Besides it is more exciting to have a tree lean towards your house... you just never know when it will fall..

Watch out for nails in the yard tree (ask my dad :) )

It was a serious question you guys. :msp_sneaky:

I have 35 years of experience cutting trees off with a blade, I don't need advice about chainsawing.

On the other hand, I have no fashion sense, and really need help with my socks. :help:

:(

Come on guys/gals

The man needs help and you are giving him fashion tips..

What you really need to do is Drill a hole in the tree and place a whole bunch of TNT in it and light it..
you will not have to worry about your DECK any more..

Besides it is more exciting to have a tree lean towards your house... you just never know when it will fall..

Watch out for nails in the yard tree (ask my dad :) )

He said he has no fashion sense..lol better to do the sloping short bar back cut in style lol hopefully he has the poulan "wild thing" saw to go with that short bar

The REAL question is. . . Should the socks be inside out? I hear the seams are more comfortable that way.

You have to be comfortable when blading with your chainsaw.

Make sure that the stripes on yer socks are coordinated with the color of the log claws on yer saw which should contrast with the color of yer blade.

*Scotchbrite air filter optional.

remember to play the lumberjack song full blast when ya cutting

now ya really want the look .....go for the socks and flip flops, knotted hankerchief on head with a nice pair of ledrehosen

Ah, hell youins don't need no socks...fact is ifn I was you I'd go barefoot :)

Latest posts

Back