Need advice on new saw purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should be my next saw?

• Dolmar 5100s

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Husqvarna 346xp

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • Jonsered 2152c

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Stihl MS260

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My pick is the 346XP. I have a 026 with mild mods,has been a good dependable saw but I'm upgrading to the 346 with its superior 50cc power,anti-vibe and air injection. Seeing Bootsie is in Canada, I am told the Stihl 026/260 is the biggest selling saw in Canada so he wouldn't go wrong for dealer support with that saw.

I love em both...

For the weight issue to me I pick the 346xp...I can sling that little saw around all day and dont hurt me at all..I can tell some diffrence in the ms260 pro,,just alittle tade heaver,,but it's built like a tank...You have to pick too,,and remember the inboard and outboard clutch between the Stihl and Husky....The rim sprocket change would be easy on the ms260,,but the 346xp,you have to spin the clutch off for a change,,,so thats a thought too...
To me both are great saws...Easy start ,,and a joy to run,,but look for the issues too with maint. as I metioned the clutch...Thats the only thing I have a draw back on the 346xp...
I had to pick the 346xp on the pole,,cause my ms260 is my woman's saw now she says....LOL!!!

Looks like the 346xp is coming out on top. I am getting prices tomorrow from a good friend who has a saw connection. I will keep you guys posted.

Latest posts

Back