Need advice with rebuild 070

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheep_wrangler

Brand new to milling!!
Reaction score
So today I was milling up some spalted maple with my 070 and 36” bar and I noticed it lost most of its power on the last cut. Feels like the piston and rings are going... I’ve got a 070 that may be a franken saw with Chinese parts sprinkled in but it’s been running like a champ up until today. I’ve had parts replaced and I think it’s time to do the piston and cylinder. What aftermarket parts should I go with? What should I replace besides the cylinder and piston. I’m also considering upgrading to an 090 rebuild or if I can find one I may just replace the saw.

Attachments

• 5279DC95-D95C-4AA8-B91C-FC1DAE5E8B2E.jpeg
    5279DC95-D95C-4AA8-B91C-FC1DAE5E8B2E.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 8
If it was me I would order two Farmertech and move on. That is what I did. I could not be more pleased with the out come. I do not want to hear the Chinese BS. I would buy from Stihl if they made old technology stuff. I have learned a lot about how to make the stuff last. I use Loctite most every where and go cut. I also keep plenty of spare every thing on hand. I would venture the saw did not wear out It was improperly used. Let me add there there is no OP here or any where that the OP does not error some times. Thanks

Latest posts

Back