Need any .325 chain??? cheap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cicero

Big C in the 303
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought an old McCulloch distributors supply of chain. It is mostly .325 .050 gauge and .058 gauge. Mostly non safety. They are in older looking boxes but I can sell them for
100 bucks a 100ft roll plus whatever shipping costs us. If anyone is interested I probably have 50 spools of it.

Hey Big, I have emailed you regarding interest in this chain, don`t know how often you get to check your mail.

I`m pretty sure that McCulloch chain was made by Carlton. Russ

Big,
I am also intrested in some of this chain .
I e-mailed you and sent you private message.

A lot of that old Mac chain was black chain, or non chrome plated. Might explain the low price, won't hold an edge very well.

Originally posted by GeorgeWLogger
Hello,
I am interested in some of your chain. Can you email me your contact information?
Thanks
George
George- you have asked people to email you for many things over the last year, but have never enabled your email. You asked me to email you about something 6 months ago but I couldn't. I sent you a PM which went unanswered for months. :(

PM

This is probably not the place but since it has been approached, I would like to know. Is there a flag that pops on your name/message/email or whatever to alert you to Personal Messages. I know sometimes I have missed mine for a time. It always pops up automatically after sending someone else a message but otherwise how do I know? Mike

Fish,I got a Cannon 28" for my 066 and had a 20" on my 034 I sold.I had some .063 I got form a friend so that is the biggest reason.

Yeah guys I really dont know who made this chain. It says Proquip which someone told me was made for McCulloch by Homellite. I have no idea, that was before my time. However, this stuff was purchased from the old McCulloch distributor who now sell absolutely nothing for saws. Most of their customers are landscapers. We have sold probably 5 rolls locally and so far noone has thrown it through our windows. If anyone is unhappy we certainly will give anyones $$$back

Mike,

Follow http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?action=editoptions (assuming you have cookies enabled; if you don't, follow the "User CP" link available on most pages here, then the "Edit Options" link)

Have a look there in the "Messaging & Notification" section where you can opt to receive email messages notifying you of PMs.

Also, it appears as though indication of message status is given near the bottom of http://www.arboristsite.com/

Glen

Fish,

I have run into some .063 3/8ths on larger sizes of older Stihls. It seems like most of the newer ones are .050. I don't sell Stihl so I really don't know the history on this. Maybe someone who has seen a lot of Stihls can tell us.

I don't bel;ieve I have seen .063 3/8 on any other brands.

Of course,, you see quite a few .325 .063 Stihls.

I sell more .058 chain because I have European saws. They come thru with .058 unless you ask otherwise.

I'd like to hear a history about how these gauges developed from Walt.

Back