Need Dolkita help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampCat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Between all the owners of these 6421 ,6401 how is YOUR clutch drum held on? I mean what is the sequence. Reason I ask is both of these units, the6401,and the 6421 came from a life at H.D. so ANYTHING:msp_scared: could have happened. 1st is the E-clip, 2nd is a shim or thrust washer, 3rd is a cupped washer holding the rim sprocket on, just like the parts breakdown show. Now under the clutch drum is a washer between it and the clutch,both saws have one,but I havnt found these on the parts breakdown. I even have a shop manual for this saw, and found no mention in there either. SO the question is ,do YOU have a washer looking spacer between the clutch and the clutch drum? This would ride on the hub of the clutch and the back of the clutch drum bearing. Dont really want anything to disinegrate at 13,000 RPMs. THANKS.

washer

the washer is in there from the factory even tho it dosen't show on the parts break down picture.the drum will rub without it. good with your new saws. Steve

Back