Need good books title for tree identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArborItaly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm about to move in Colorado and since i know the names of trees in italian i will need a good book to learn the names and the variety of you'r trees especially the Colorado trees and west coast, if they have picture better.
thank you for any help and advice you will give me.

You can check out "Dirr's Encyclopedia Of Trees And Shrubs". Very pricey, but very good as well. I am currently looking for an easier tree ID book myself. I know there are other threads on this site where people have asked the same question, I just haven't had time to search and read them.

I have one I've been using called ' tree finder' written by May Theilgaard Watts. It's small and fits in your pocket. It's step by step ID by the leaves, so you start at the beginning and follow the instructions according to bud/leaf patterns and figure out the tree. There's also another version for the west coast.

I have one I've been using called ' tree finder' written by May Theilgaard Watts. It's small and fits in your pocket. It's step by step ID by the leaves, so you start at the beginning and follow the instructions according to bud/leaf patterns and figure out the tree. There's also another version for the west coast.

that's a little more cost effective than the Dirrs book :) I will pick that one up :msp_thumbup:

Tree Finder: A Manual for Identification of Trees by their Leaves (Eastern US) (Nature Study Guides): May Theilgaard Watts: 9780912550015: Amazon.com: Books

There is an easy to use book put out by the Arbor Day Foundation called "What Tree is That". The guide asks simple questions about the tree and steers you in a direction towards positive identification of the tree. Has great pictures too.

Back