Need help finding a carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I picked up a husqvarna 335xpt and did a compression test, with 135 psi it bled off within 2 min. I did not block off the carb and muffler. But this is my question I'm trying to find a carb. The ones I've found are 200 bucks and not paying for that. So any recriminations on where to find a carb for it ?

Does it have the walbro WT-582 or WT-459 on it?

Also ask yourself does it have to be a exact replacement? Half of my current saws have bigger than stock carbs on them and run better for it.

I don't now what carb it is and I don't care what carb it is I just want to get this saw running

I don't now what carb it is and I don't care what carb it is I just want to get this saw running

Well the WT-662 might be a close enough replacement but only you will be able to look at the current one and see if you can make it work. Those are a dime a dozen online OEM or China ones.

Well if I have to i will sell it or part it out I refuse to pay 200 for a carb
No need theres a carb out there you can make run and work great on the cheap just gonna figure out which one is all. I'd sell it to before i paid that much for a carb to.

I hope I need this saw running I texted the wife she is suspect to send me pics of it and the numbers when she gets up

so it's the wt-459.

what's wrong with the carb? if something isn't physically broke I would start with a rebuilt kit which u can get for about 15 bucks.

The carb is nasty I've cleaned it up but don't trust it. I rebult 1 for a 450 and the carb was bad so I'll be ordering one for that as well.

well if you go the swap route you'll have to make sure the bolt hole pattern is the same. other than that you need to make sure your impulse setup will work. if the saw has a manifold impulse hole and u swap to a carb with a impulse barb you have to drill the cylinder for a barb or the carb to work with the manifold hole.

controls and jets on the same side are a plus, you'll probably have to bend your linkage or drill a different hole where you linkage mounts to the carb or both.

Back