Need help identify old McCulloch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbenz80

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can one of you pros or collectors help me identify model of my old Mc?
It's missing carb. cover with model No., bottom is stamped 62731 4303 10 F
2.125" bore and about 1.500" stroke, bar is 24" 63560 GZ and chain is 1/2" pitch. Two same size black round buttons for choke and manual oiler.
I have nice pictures but I'm not sure how to post them. It looks like 650 model
Thanks in advance for any help.:confused:

mbenz80 said:
Can one of you pros or collectors help me identify model of my old Mc?
It's missing carb. cover with model No., bottom is stamped 62731 4303 10 F
2.125" bore and about 1.500" stroke, bar is 24" 63560 GZ and chain is 1/2" pitch. Two same size black round buttons for choke and manual oiler.
I have nice pictures but I'm not sure how to post them. It looks like 650 model
Thanks in advance for any help.:confused:

When you post a message go to the manage attachments button under 'additional options' which is a little farther down the page. Then just select to upload them from your computer. If possible before you upload resize the pictures so they won't be 10 feet tall. :)

I'm going to make a guess that your saw is a 380, built from June 1963 to May 1964. McCulloch made several different saws with 5.3 cu.in. engines (1-70, 1-71, Super 44A, 380, 400 and others) but the two round button controls you describe lead me to belive it is a 380.

McCulloch identification

I got some pictures this time to help out with identification.
Muffler is off but it's round (cylinder) shaped. Thanks.

If you remove the black clutch cover you should see a gearbox reduction under it if so it's a Mac 650 sixties style.
There were two reduction ratio's 2 to 1 and 3 to 1.

Plus i own one to boot.

Mc Bob.

McCulloch identification

I got clutch cover off and it has gear reduction 3:1 all looks in nice shape accept piston. I hope cylinder is still OK. Can you guys guide me to some one with parts for it? Would any one share with me IPL for 650 model or let me know where to search for it? Thanks to all. Bernard:)

Bernard, I would try Bob's Lawnmower Service in Maryland, New York (ph# 607-638-9297) for those parts. He is a very helpful guy with reasonably priced parts. He knows all those old McCulloch models back and forth. I believe Ozflea might have the IPL you need. Good luck!

Back