Need Help identifying model of a Stihl Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a TS 350 chop saw that has been changed back into a saw due to the fact of the newer stihl logo on the recoil, air filter, full length tin muffler and chop saw tank with the long filler neck. The 08S is the saw version. These are very easy to change back and forth due to the oil tank being built in to the side cover and oil pump driven from clutch. a simple clutch change and a side cover and off you go.They also made a S10 top handle that looks the same. The S10 top handle is very rare only made late sixties ,does not have kill switch and had a cast muffler and recoil had old stihl logo with saw blade.

It looks like a TS 350 chop saw that has been changed back into a saw due to the fact of the newer stihl logo on the recoil, air filter, full length tin muffler and chop saw tank with the long filler neck. The 08S is the saw version. These are very easy to change back and forth due to the oil tank being built in to the side cover and oil pump driven from clutch. a simple clutch change and a side cover and off you go.They also made a S10 top handle that looks the same. The S10 top handle is very rare only made late sixties ,does not have kill switch and had a cast muffler and recoil had old stihl logo with saw blade.
+1

I have a old stihl chain saw but the model numbers are warn off but the serial number is 112485530 and I got it not running but It runs like a striped ape but the shop we took it to said it was a German made 038 but it's heavier that any o38s I have ever seen and I looked it up and the only thin I could find said that the 1124=to the 084 to the 088 models is the right or is someone wrong

I have a old stihl chain saw but the model numbers are warn off but the serial number is 112485530 and I got it not running but It runs like a striped ape but the shop we took it to said it was a German made 038 but it's heavier that any o38s I have ever seen and I looked it up and the only thin I could find said that the 1124=to the 084 to the 088 models is the right or is someone wrong

The serial number stamped on Stihl saws is actually different from the four digit number identifying the model. You can find the latter stamped inside the sprocket cover, on the cylinder etc and on the (now likely long gone) type plate and it should be 1119 for all 038 models.
All I do know is all the 038's I've seen had their serial starting by 1124 and the first digit of that number indicates the saw was manufactured in Germany, so the shop wasn't lying to you.

Back