Need help on an old 066 with a two slot aluminum flywheel.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have an old 066 I'm working on that has a two slot aluminum flywheel. I gave this saw a complete rebuild and didn't pay any attention to where the flywheel key was.

The flywheel part# is 1122 400 1214 and is marked p and x on the key ways.

I'm leaning toward it was on the p slot by the looks of the shine inside the key way and the dirty unused look of the x key way.

I found a bulletin that makes it sound like there was never a two key way flywheel but the two key way flywheel was a replacement flywheel that would work with two different coils.

The bulletin says the p key way is used for the limited coil and the x is for the unlimited coil. My coil only uses two bolts and the only markings on it are IIDA 2 and a C on the other side.
I'm not sure if this is a limited coil but if it is I want to put an unlimited one on it and use the X key way.
How do i know what coil I have? The SN is 128632375
20150103_213257_1_bestshot_zps6rgaknjg.jpg

your observation of the P key should tell you enough. it'll run one way and not the other. could try both in the time it took to write this post :p just razzing ya of course. good to have this in the archives.

I want to know if its and unlimited coil or not and I don't have it completely together yet. Well I'm also second guessing my assumption of where the key was. If my guess was right I guess its a limited coil.

20150103_221956_zpsorhhdkxe.jpg

This is why I want to replace the coil if its the limited one. The up grade and key way X sounds better.

Here's the pdf if someone want to look at it.

Attachments

• TI_51_1994_01_01_01.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 18
am i correct in my reading that they are talking about an 066 red light when they say electronically governed coil?

am i correct in my reading that they are talking about an 066 red light when they say electronically governed coil?
Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking. This saw does have the flat top shroud and it has a spot to put the red led in but the hole was never punched out.

i would just install it on X and hope she fires up. if not put it on P and you know you have a limited coil. don't forget to update the thread though cause i'm interested.

If it were mine I'd put it in the "x". According to the pic in your first post it looks like the IIDA coils are ey-v unlimited coils.
If I'm wrong this was a very crappy way of subbing into an otherwise interesting thread and I apologize for the pain in your shoulder.

Chad, since that's my saw, I'm curious to see how this turns out as well! Thank you or getting me the date of manufacture, that's more than I ever got fom Stihl themselves!

Duane

Latest posts

Back