Need help on an old 066 with a two slot aluminum flywheel.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chadihman

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have an old 066 I'm working on that has a two slot aluminum flywheel. I gave this saw a complete rebuild and didn't pay any attention to where the flywheel key was.

The flywheel part# is 1122 400 1214 and is marked p and x on the key ways.

I'm leaning toward it was on the p slot by the looks of the shine inside the key way and the dirty unused look of the x key way.

I found a bulletin that makes it sound like there was never a two key way flywheel but the two key way flywheel was a replacement flywheel that would work with two different coils.

The bulletin says the p key way is used for the limited coil and the x is for the unlimited coil. My coil only uses two bolts and the only markings on it are IIDA 2 and a C on the other side.
I'm not sure if this is a limited coil but if it is I want to put an unlimited one on it and use the X key way.
How do i know what coil I have? The SN is 128632375
20150103_213257_1_bestshot_zps6rgaknjg.jpg

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
your observation of the P key should tell you enough. it'll run one way and not the other. could try both in the time it took to write this post :p just razzing ya of course. good to have this in the archives.

chadihman

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I want to know if its and unlimited coil or not and I don't have it completely together yet. Well I'm also second guessing my assumption of where the key was. If my guess was right I guess its a limited coil.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
i would just install it on X and hope she fires up. if not put it on P and you know you have a limited coil. don't forget to update the thread though cause i'm interested.

big t double

big t double

Addicted to ArboristSite
If it were mine I'd put it in the "x". According to the pic in your first post it looks like the IIDA coils are ey-v unlimited coils.
If I'm wrong this was a very crappy way of subbing into an otherwise interesting thread and I apologize for the pain in your shoulder.

Latest posts