Need help with 2011 Husqvarna 576xp autotune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runmtronic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys I have 576 autotune that I got cheap because local dealers can not get it to run. Is there a test procedure for carby solenoid and module? I checked with local dealers and they say it can only be diagnosed with computer and nobody has one. I have cleaned the carby and replaced diaphragms and pressure tested the engine but it will only cough on choke but not run. My options are to replace carby and ignition but I fear this will be too costly in Australia, replace carby with non autotune or part out the saw. What do you guys think? Almost forgot compression is good at about 160 psi :bang:

Wigglesworth I thought you might respond given your current feelings on electronic controlled saws. I don't mind the technology and I see that Walbro have a similar product for cheaper consumer products. Would go good on a Poulan Wildthing lol. On a serious note I think both Stihl and Husqvarna have done a poor job of getting info out to dealers and I fear that these systems will evolve into something only dealers will be able to diagnose.

First I'd back the carb screws out all the way....oops, never mind.

Check the fuel line and make sure it's not linked in the tank. Check the impulse line for breaks or kinks. Make sure the muffler screen's not carboned up.

Don't those have a generator under the flywheel? Seems like I read that. Might pop the flywheel off and have a looksie.

If it has a coil or fuel solenoid problem, I'd bet the farm that they aren't serviceable...

First I'd back the carb screws out all the way....oops, never mind.

Check the fuel line and make sure it's not linked in the tank. Check the impulse line for breaks or kinks. Make sure the muffler screen's not carboned up.

Don't those have a generator under the flywheel? Seems like I read that. Might pop the flywheel off and have a looksie.

If it has a coil or fuel solenoid problem, I'd bet the farm that they aren't serviceable...

Ha ha I like it. Yeah have checked all lines muffler etc. It does have generator under the flywheel and have checked wiring. I thought there might be a solenoid test with a battery like the mtronic system. This is the first one I have come across that does not have a normal engine problem. I only have a couple of hundred invested in it so no big deal. I am waiting for a carby price as you cannot buy the solenoid seperately.

This just a thought...have you chased out the fuel passages in the carb to the orifises in the bore with WD-40 using the red hose?? Are they all clear and delivering wd to the bore? Not sayin it isn't an electro failure of some sort but so many times we all want to think a problem is the most complicated thing that has failed (especially when it's something new we don't trust anyway) when the reality my be something so simple it's overlooked. Case in point...my brother had a boat built new, by a good firm. It had a 351 Ford gas marine engine installed. When it was time to fire it up in the shop to test the systems it started but sounded awful.....so they puzzeled over what it could be and brought in several local marine engine gurus, tore parts off the engine and transmission couldn't find a damn thing wrong..called company who sold the engine they suggested more things to try and sent a rep up from PA to look at it..He tried more tricks and then said pull it and we'll take it back and either fix it or send you a new one. So they got the crane back and pulled the engine and sent it back to PA............it was back in a weeks time with a note describing what the problem had been........#3 and #5 plug wires swapped at the factory.........many embarrassed techs........never overlook the obvious was the lesson learned that day. All I'm saying is go back to basics and see if something very usual has been overlooked in the troubleshooting process. Maybe not.... could well be a brain cramp in the system that can't be found without the proper computer to plug it into but you never know....it's still just a chainsaw....

This just a thought...have you chased out the fuel passages in the carb to the orifises in the bore with WD-40 using the red hose?? Are they all clear and delivering wd to the bore? Not sayin it isn't an electro failure of some sort but so many times we all want to think a problem is the most complicated thing that has failed (especially when it's something new we don't trust anyway) when the reality my be something so simple it's overlooked. Case in point...my brother had a boat built new, by a good firm. It had a 351 Ford gas marine engine installed. When it was time to fire it up in the shop to test the systems it started but sounded awful.....so they puzzeled over what it could be and brought in several local marine engine gurus, tore parts off the engine and transmission couldn't find a damn thing wrong..called company who sold the engine they suggested more things to try and sent a rep up from PA to look at it..He tried more tricks and then said pull it and we'll take it back and either fix it or send you a new one. So they got the crane back and pulled the engine and sent it back to PA............it was back in a weeks time with a note describing what the problem had been........#3 and #5 plug wires swapped at the factory.........many embarrassed techs........never overlook the obvious was the lesson learned that day. All I'm saying is go back to basics and see if something very usual has been overlooked in the troubleshooting process. Maybe not.... could well be a brain cramp in the system that can't be found without the proper computer to plug it into but you never know....it's still just a chainsaw....

Thanks for that. Have checked it very well and it's very clean but that's no guarantee. Replaced diaphragm kit but still nada. I have actually repaired a few of these in the past when they had diesel in them or a non resistor plug.

Hi guys I have 576 autotune that I got cheap because local dealers can not get it to run. Is there a test procedure for carby solenoid and module? I checked with local dealers and they say it can only be diagnosed with computer and nobody has one. I have cleaned the carby and replaced diaphragms and pressure tested the engine but it will only cough on choke but not run. My options are to replace carby and ignition but I fear this will be too costly in Australia, replace carby with non autotune or part out the saw. What do you guys think? Almost forgot compression is good at about 160 psi :bang:

--call upstream to husky intergalactic and find out which dealers have the interface and software to check it out. Ship it to them for diagnosis.

If no one, YOU could be the man in ozland who can fix these things.
Would cost ya upront, but who knows, might pay off handsomely in the future

note: I wouldn't even try on one of those without a schematic and some other info. This isn't regular troubleshooting. Perhaps another normal carb and ignition system might fit, just to get it going.

note two: these dealers who looked at it, did they just try swapping in new parts? Or..my guess is they didn't have any. So they just said "I don't know".

These dealers are gonna have to suck it up and buy the tools needed to work on new saws. Even joe bubba shade tree mechanics have had to learn to use obd readers and so on. time to enter the 21st century.

ipl

weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HIPL/HIPL2010/HIPL2010_21.pdf

at least you can see parts numbers

Last edited:
--call upstream to husky intergalactic and find out which dealers have the interface and software to check it out. Ship it to them for diagnosis.

If no one, YOU could be the man in ozland who can fix these things.
Would cost ya upront, but who knows, might pay off handsomely in the future

note: I wouldn't even try on one of those without a schematic and some other info. This isn't regular troubleshooting. Perhaps another normal carb and ignition system might fit, just to get it going.

note two: these dealers who looked at it, did they just try swapping in new parts? Or..my guess is they didn't have any. So they just said "I don't know".

These dealers are gonna have to suck it up and buy the tools needed to work on new saws. Even joe bubba shade tree mechanics have had to learn to use obd readers and so on. time to enter the 21st century.

ipl

weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HIPL/HIPL2010/HIPL2010_21.pdf

at least you can see parts numbers

Will check with a couple of big metro dealers today about them checking it out. Might check generator output but don't know what to compare it to. On the up side the carb generator and coil are not a bad price from the USA . I know what some of these dealers are like cause I work for two stihl dealers and they both refuse to buy diagnostics for mtronic or battery powered products yet they sell them. Neither will they send anyone to upcoming tech training on mtronic stuff

Will check with a couple of big metro dealers today about them checking it out. Might check generator output but don't know what to compare it to. On the up side the carb generator and coil are not a bad price from the USA . I know what some of these dealers are like cause I work for two stihl dealers and they both refuse to buy diagnostics for mtronic or battery powered products yet they sell them. Neither will they send anyone to upcoming tech training on mtronic stuff

--their loss. Both the big dogs are going to electronics bigtime, you adapt or perish. Dealers that adapt, and have funnctional trained techs and repair parts, will eventually get all the new saw business.

--their loss. Both the big dogs are going to electronics bigtime, you adapt or perish. Dealers that adapt, and have funnctional trained techs and repair parts, will eventually get all the new saw business.

I have to say that I agree. I can understand their distaste for that stuff, but everything new will eventually go that way. A shop that sells and works on new stuff NEEDS to stay current with the technology to survive.

Every time something goes wrong with an AT saw, seems like everyone is quick to assume that it must be that dang computer. :dizzy:

What's the plug look like? Will it run for a little bit if left on high idle? Has a pressure test been done? Very hard to do on that saw without the block off plates for the intake. Could be the intake boot, or maybe the impulse line that runs under the boot. Do the normal stuff first, and then start thinking about the little black box.

2011 576xpat.......it doesnt have the connector to hook up to the reader/computer. All that can be done is to flash the existing module, and it will reset itself and perorm its self-diagnostics.

Start with the basics, hows the fuel filter, line and tank vent? Do they all test ok with a vac/pressure test?

How did you do your vac and pressure test on the engine? Did you include the inlet pipe in the test?

did you fix it?

My 576 XPO AT just died - 12 months old and little used. My first Husky and I dare say the last after years of trouble free Stihls.
The dDealer can't fix it either - he suspects the ECU but can't test it, and no waranty is left anymore.

It won't rev up, will idle, but stalls as soon as the second butterfly opens. Caeby is clean, fuel flows freely....

Any sugestions?

My 576 XPO AT just died - 12 months old and little used. My first Husky and I dare say the last after years of trouble free Stihls.
The dDealer can't fix it either - he suspects the ECU but can't test it, and no waranty is left anymore.

It won't rev up, will idle, but stalls as soon as the second butterfly opens. Caeby is clean, fuel flows freely....

Any sugestions?

I would suggest that you fabricated this whole story...

Latest posts

Back