Need help with bar ID (pics included) & a few other Husqvarna questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thederrick106

Reaction score
I am in the process of rebuilding a hand me down 372XP. While waiting on a flywheel wrench I started analyzing my bar and chains. From what I can tell it was given to me with a 58 gauge bar, and 50 gauge chain. Not sure if this was an accident or used out of necessity. Any ways the current bar is starting to look a little smoked. I have used it for a while like this... I put new carb kit, gas lines, spark plug, etc in it a few years ago but now I cant get it to idle out evenly so I am replacing the bottom end seals.
Anyways here are some pics of the bars:

Current:

WP_20150602_008_zpspzpdncb2.jpg

Now I assume the above is a husky bar and 58 gauge correct?

All my left over random chain is stamped with 72 and according to Oregon site that is 50 gauge.
http://www.oregonproducts.com/homeowner/appguidemoreinfo_consumer.htm

So if my limited research is correct all this time I have been running the wrong gauge chain without looking closer at it and realizing it.

Any ways I have this bar which was taken off an old junk Shindaiwa or Jonsered:
WP_20150602_009_zpsprexxepo.jpg

I tried using the penny/ dime trick and while the penny is tight, I can get it to fit somewhat. I still have the chain that came off this saw, which was also a 50 gauge, but a quick view at the numbers makes me think that this is also a 58 gauge chain. 11358... or maybe 20" 50 gauge or 20" 50cm... Can anyone tell me exactly what this bar is and if it will work on my 372XP? It has a bit larger oil holes then the other bar.

Both bars are pretty old and I have no interest in getting 58 gauge chain to match the other one, will anything horrible happen finishing them both off with the several used 50 gauge lengths I have left?
I assume 50 gauge chain was run in the 58 bar because my father always made is own chain from large spools. I doubt that's the original husky bar that was on it, so ether the wrong one was bought by mistake or that's all that was available at the time and he just went with it.

Also, what's the correct rim sprocket for my saw? After I kill these bars and my last 4 chains I plan on a fresh bar, couple chains, and sprocket.
Is this correct:
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...ocket-SD7-Standard-7-Spline-3-8-x-7-Tooth.axd

Also wonder what the correct rim sprocket for a Husqvarna 445 w/ .325?
(going to put back a spare sprocket, and bar)

Of course I three different saws with three completely different chains!
372xp- 20" 3/8
445- 18" .325
235- 14" 3/8LP

Thoughts? suggestions? comments?

Thank you for the info. I thought that second bar was a .058 as well. Its in good shape so I think I will just save it incase I run across some .058 chain. Will that bar function properly on my 372?
Any ways I have four 20" .050 chains that are in pretty good shape so I am just going to pickup a 20" .050 gauge bar.

ETA/ a little research shows the D009 mount to be correct for the 372XP...?

Also what is the correct bar mount classification for the 445?
I started to read in one place that its k095, but then found another that contradicted that info.

Latest posts

Back