Need ID Chain for saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack Russell

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
This is all information on chains (company UNK) 30 FCS - 72E I can not find any information to ID the chain. (Bailey's had a chain with letters simler to that on chain)

Jack:confused:

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
the 30 FCS makes me think of the Woodsman Pro. but the 72E makes me think Oregon. possibly the Woodsman Pro X series? the combo of Oregon chain with something else for cutters, but I cant recall what the brand of cutters was now.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Lawn Masters said:
the 30 FCS makes me think of the Woodsman Pro. but the 72E makes me think Oregon. possibly the Woodsman Pro X series? the combo of Oregon chain with something else for cutters, but I cant recall what the brand of cutters was now.

Could there be missed print in the FCS. These letters are used on the Woodman chain. True 72E is Oregon:confused: What Pitch and gauge could they be Your guess would be better than mine

Jack Russell

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Grande Dog said:
That might be Townsend brand chain.

This company is new to me Is the company still in business. Would you buy this chain if you were me. Have not had seen chain only what information owner could give me.:dizzy:

Jack Russell

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
ray benson said:
Forester bar and chain uses similar numbering system. I did use 30-FC-72E.Which is rebadged Windsor chisel 3/8" .050 72 drive links. Cuts real nice. Not sure what FCS means. Could be skip chain or possibly safety chain.

Thanks Ray
The FCS is what I am having trouble with owner of chains knows nothing about chains or saws I am as much in the dark as he is with the limited information.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Jack Russell said:
Thanks Ray
The FCS is what I am having trouble with owner of chains knows nothing about chains or saws I am as much in the dark as he is with the limited information.

Have just learned this much about chains that new 3/8 05 chisel skip How do you read this as to the correct ID

TimberPig

TimberPig

ArboristSite Guru
If you don't really care who made the chain but just want to know if it will fit, measure the pitch and gauge. From there, you can visually determine cutter style and compliment.

If who made it is what you are after, you'll have to keep searching.