Need Ideas on MS391

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! The new Carb came in today, FYI the Carb off a MS311 works on this saw, got mine off Feebay, for $45.00 my dealer wanted about $150.00, so I thought I got a good deal. I stand by what I said earlier, leave the Carb alone, open the muffler, and leave it alone, for what it is it does pretty good!

Just wanted to take a second and thank everyone for their input, even those who, seem to hate the saw. I learned a lot about the nature of the people on this sight, from this little post. Like I said once before I may not like what you have to say, but I will fight for your right to say it! HAVE A NICE DAY ALL!!

Life happens I guess, I been away and out of the loop for a while now, had a step son get into legal trouble, and then lost my step daughter Thanks Giving day last year, we al been doing alot of recovering these days.
Any way I felt a need to update this a little for those interested, with a bit of surgical care and a good dremmel tool I managed to remove the limiter caps on the carb, that helped a bit. The biggest change came when I opened the exhaust exit port on the muffler from about 5/16 to about 1/2" that brought on a whole new saw after that I definantly had to retune the card It's a completely different saw. I have seriously never made one change and have it make this big a difference in how a saw ran. I haven't done any port polishing or smoothing yet but clearly opening the exhaust is the key.
I got a screamer of a ms391, this is not everyones choice, but it is mine, and I would be willing to bet that alot of the criticism of this saw is coming from people who have experience with the 029, or 039 I am telling you all the ms391 is a different animal don't under estimate it.

Latest posts

Back